Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough ole Oak Piece

Hi all,
    Haven't had time for much carving lately, busy outside gettin' ready for winter. A friend brought this over and said "Bet ya can't do nothing to this!" I immediately pointed out the bird sitting on a nest in the middle of the piece and he asked "What ya been smokin'? Took my angle grinder to it and with a little bit of detail ended up with this. The piece is oak, 19" wide, 17" high and about 5" deep. Soaked it with walnut danish oil, really sucked it up, hope you like it and thanks for taking a peek.
    Dan

Re: Rough ole Oak Piece

"What ya been smokin?" Ha!

Excellent piece, Dan. Of course, he's gonna be bringing you more "challenges" now . . .

Comment

Nice carving, Dan!

Claude
      My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Dan.

One of these days I'm gonna send you a piece of my wood and have you tell me whats sitting there. As always enjoyed seeing your work.

Safe Carving and God Bless,

Mark

Comment

Hi Dan, It's as plane as the Nose on your face about seeing a Bird in a Nest. I saw it right away. Ha!!! Amazing piece Dan. Good job, Enjoyed seeing your WIP of the Bird. Dan Ole Buddy, glad to see you are still carving, take it easy. Merle

Comment

Nice. I don't know how you see these things.
            Terry

Comment

Hi Jim,
              I sure hope he brings me more unusual pieces, they're the most fun. Thanks for your nice words.
              Dan

Comment

Hi Claude,
                Glad you like this carving and thanks for taking time to leave your nice comment.
                Dan

Comment

Hi Mark,
                  You're not that far away, send it on up! Thanks for your kind words, appreciate them.
                  Dan

Comment

Hey Merle,
                    If you enlarge the first pic there is a definate outline of a bird almost dead center, its even a tad lighter. I immediately saw it there and the surrounding wood looked like a steep cliff with that bird sittin' in a nest. I sure appreciate your very nice comments my friend, thank you.
                    Dan

Comment

Hey Terry,
                      I do a lot of "squinting". I'm not sure either ole buddy but the one thing I am sure of is that I'm so glad that I can see these things, always makes carving them out very exciting. Thanks!
                      Dan

Comment

Hi Dan, I love it! It is so cool to see a piece of wood in it's raw form and get an image of what belongs. I saw an old hillbilly snoozing against a tree trunk You saw a Bird nest. I set here and smile as I think about how each piece of wood holds something different to each person.
                        I honestly believe the wood speaks to use letting us see what it wants to be.

Comment

Dan, that is just beautiful! It never ceases to amaze me what you see in found wood. You've posted an incredible display over time, and the backdrops of your land are wonderful...really enhance the carving. How are you feeling these days, good buddy? Bonnie

Comment

Great job Dan............Tell me, did you ever think of forming a group or society dedicated to "The rescue and rehabilitation of fallen wood"?...............Who knows? you may even be eligible for a government grant! They have been made for stranger reasons.....ROFLMAO
                            Jokes aside, lovely piece and I thank you for sharing with us.
                            Good health
                            John

Comment

Hi Sean,
                              Just went back and took another look and can see the face of that ole hillbilly kinda lying down, didn't until you pointed him out, but I usually look for "critters". It amazes me too how these shapes/forms show up but living in a woods I see things in live trees all the time, probably a good thing I'm not a young man or the whole woods would be cut up! Thanks!
                              Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X