Rough ole Oak Piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rough ole Oak Piece

Hey Papa Dan, nice to see you at it again. Fine job, but I must say I saw a much larger bird when you said bird in the nest. I imagined the piece sticking out to the left to be the head and neck while the rest made up the nest. Funny what we all see isn't it?

Comment

Hi Kathy,
      It ended up being a beautiful piece of wood, surprised me. Won't be staying out in the yard, winter is right around the corner and this piece has seen enough of mother nature. Thanks for your nice comments.
      Dan

Comment

Hey Joe,
        I can see the "big bird" you pointed out but the little one jumped right out at me, amazing how these critters can hide inside a piece of wood. Thanks ole buddy for your nice thoughts. BTW, sounds like you found a bunch of wood yourself, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
        Papa Dan

Comment

Dan,what ever you are doing to see these critters, well, keep doing it because this a real cool carving my friend! Did you get all your wood in for winter?
          My ETSY shop:
          https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodforddellDesigns

Comment

Nice reveal, Dan. Isn't it enjoyable when the subject pops out? Good finish, too.
            As you know, it happens to me every once in a while. There's no control, no preconceived ideas.
            All of a sudden, there it is! At the same time, I have a waist-deep pile of log cants that don't show me anything at all, just wood.
            Brian T

Comment

Hi Sharon,
              Glad you like my latest carving, I'm still busy in the yard and will be as long as the weather cooperates. Living in the woods is wonderful but it dosen't matter which way the wind blows my yard is always full of leaves. Thanks my friend, Dan

Comment

Hi Brian,
                Totally agree! Having something jump out at you is very exciting and only second to carving it out of there. I also know what you mean about a pile of wood with nothing there, just wood, my shed is full of it. Thanks for taking time to leave your nice comments.
                Dan

Comment

Working...
                X