Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Squirrels in Cedar

Hi,
    Another Cedar post that had these guys at the top looking at the surroundings and is approx. 7 ft tall. There is another squirrel hiding down low but I\'ve already started another carving so he may or may not get released later.
    Tools used were chainsaw, die and angle grinders with a little Dremel work and some sanding. I applied Walnut Danish Oil on the entire piece that IMO makes the carving look very rich. It is planted in the main Hosta garden as you come up to the house. hole digger, then I put a piece of black plastic drain pipe in the ground so the post can slide right in, easy removal for maintenance too. Thanks for looking.
    Dan
    Attached Files

Re: 2 Squirrels in Cedar

Hi Dan, you and your Animals make your Gardens look so Relaxing and peaceful. Your Effort is Truly showing. Thanks for showing it to us. Stay Well Ole Buddy. Merle

Comment

Dan, your going to have to post a No Hunting
      sign. Your really adding to your place with really great carvings.
      . . .JoeB
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Merle,
        The gardens are very relaxing but I haven\'t been, carving like crazy. I am doing another fairly large piece of cedar with an Owl on top as a donation to the Open Door Health Clinic\'s silent auction plus I need to get one done for our friend.....Life is Great!
        Thanks Ole Buddy,

Dan

Comment

Hi JoeB,
          You are right, no hunting. Our gardens are about 3 weeks away from being in full bloom so I\'ll be slowing down in the carving department, too many people stopping over. Your comments are always welcome, thanks.

Dan

Comment

Hi Dan, what a cool place to spend a while on a hot summer day. My oldest son has a woodland hosta garden too but the local deer treat it like a salad bar.

Comment

Nice Dan, love the color of that cedar.

Tom
              If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Hi Dick,
                The deer aren\'t any different here, when they come through the Hosta\'s look like celery stalks after they are done. I\'ve come up with a liquid concoction that I spray which helps. Hope all is well.
                Dan

Comment

Hi Tom,
                  The wood is beautiful, not usually in to the sap wood but the contrast looks good and on this particular piece it makes up most of the tails. Thank you very much.
                  Dan

Comment

I wish they were always that easy to see in the woods. Beautiful work Dan!
                    Terry

Comment

Hi Terry,
                      We are big into feeding the birds from late fall until late spring, when you live in a woods you\'re also feeding squirrels so they are easy to see here, we watch them all the time. You aren\'t that far away, if you get a chance, stop down for a visit sometime, love to show you around but you can\'t shoot the squirrels.
                      Dan

Comment

Thanks for the invite Dan. It would be a delight to see all your sculptures! I promise I would never shoot your squirrels.
                        Terry

Comment

Dan, your pleasant and awesome carvings are so amazing,
                          thanks for sharing your work with us.
                          Oscar

Comment

Hi Oscar,
                            I am more than happy to share my work with others that have the same interests, thank you again.

Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                            X