No announcement yet.

Bison Carving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The capital city of the Canadian prairie province of Saskatchewan is Regina. Prior to that, it was a bison harvesting center and the name was Pile o' Bones. I've seen some photos. My family homesteaded near Regina, 1884.
    Locally, a guy down south split his bison herd and rented local land across the village here for them. Defaulted on the rent so gave all the animals to the land holder. I eat those. Buying a side or a quarter is the only economical way to do this. How I do like to carve bison with the baked potatoes.
    Brian T

Comment

I tasted bison meat and I really liked it.

Comment

Bison is everything that beef is trying to be. I have eaten 6-7 local bison over the past 20 years.
        Cut it with a fork tender. It's so lean (2g fat/100g meat) that you have to learn to cook differently.
        More and more I think this got a little PhotoShop. Bison are really mean and nasty just for fun.
        Bison Ear Tag.jpg
        Brian T

Comment

I also like bison meat and often include it in different recipes. In general, meat is always included in our daily meals because the whole family loves it. I especially often bought the best beef jerky online from https://www.bigwigjerky.com.au because it has a special taste that we became familiar with. In addition, I read that their quality beef jerky is marinated in a special blend of spices and air-dried for a minimum of 24 hours and this really gives it a special taste that cannot be compared to anything in the world.

Comment

Working...
          X