Canusa basswood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canusa basswood

Anyone with experience with this company for basswood? Thanks.

Rob

I've gotten it from Amazon. Unfortunately I'm very new to carving and cannot offer a comparison with other sources yet. What I have gotten I've been able to cut on with little issues and the dimensions are consistent. It does seem to vary in hardness quite a bit for me.

I just received a shipment from Loess hills sawmill yesterday and am excited to try it. As far as pricing goes, Loess Hills was much less expensive that what I've picked up from Amazon.

Comment

Sorry, never even heard of them, let me know how the wood quality is.
      Mark N. Akers
      My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Nope, I’d rather call George.

http://www.loesshillssawmill.com/sto...ing_Stock.html

Comment

It says that they are from Wisconsin which tells me that it's northern basswood but it seems a might expensive, possibly because they choose to sell through a middle man. I recently purchased 4 each 2" x" 2 x 12" , 4 each 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 12 ", and 3-each Goose eggs and paid just a little over $55.00 including shipping and tax from Mountain Woodcarvers. The price would also have been very close at Heinecke. I was very happy with both the product and the customer service from Mountain Woodcarvers. And they shipped it priority which means it arrived faster than if I'd been able to buy the same product off of Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nebraska View Post
            WOW. Thank you. They have the best prices. Shipping?

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by rjrsky View Post

Rob
              I have considered the shipping charges reasonable and the quality first rate.

If you put wood in your cart you can see the shipping rate. I keep adding wood until the price jumps then go back one piece to max out the shipping charge.

Last edited by Nebraska; 04-02-2022, 07:55 AM.

Comment

I buy from Heinecke and find the basswood is great. I have heard that Moore is also good. Loes wasn't square and they never returned my last email on Butternut.
                Bill
                Living among knives and fire.

http://www.texaswoodartist.com

Comment

I've had great wood and service from George at the best prices, so I agree with Ed about Loess. I did get one piece of butternut that wasn't cut square and I emailed George...he immediately responded with an apology and sent a replacement piece. Of course, Heinecke has great wood, too, but they are much more expensive than Loess.
                  Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by rjrsky View Post

Rob
                    They carry Butternut as well.
                    https://www.triadwoodcarvers.com/

Comment

I can't remember the last time I was here but as I was having coffee this morning I decided to check it out. First off to woodburner807 I get quite a few emails and it is very possible I missed yours for that I apologize. The block being out of square is an error that can occur all you had to do is let me know and I would have gladly replaced the piece. I am pretty easy going and try to make everyone who is buying wood from me happy. I appreciate all the woodcarvers that trust me to provide their woodcarving wood needs. As far as price goes I am a one man show and I try to keep my prices as low as I can.
                      Thanks
                      George

Comment

Working...
                      X