Does anybody have any buckeye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody have any buckeye?

hey, i am looking for some buckeye if anybody has any e-mail me and maybe we can do some business. thanks

casey

Re: Does anybody have any buckeye?

I'm in Ohio, the 'Buckeye State', so I imagine there are buckeye trees around here. Would I know one? No...but I'd be happy to ask my limited wood resources around here. If I find anything out, I'll let you know. Is fresh cut okay?

In the meantime, buckeye CANDIES are pretty plentiful around here - peanut butter in the center, dipped in melted chocolate...mmmmmmmm. They don't carve well, though.

Teri

Comment

I live in Ohio too, but don't see much, if any, buckeye wood for sale. We had one piece in our carving class that someone got by mistake, thinking it was basswood, and they hated it. I'm not thrilled with our local wood for carving. We're not far enough north to get good, tight-ringed basswood and butternut. I've been getting mine from Minnesota and up-sate NY, and some Alaskan yellow cedar from Vancouver, BC.
      Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
        hey, i am looking for some buckeye if anybody has any e-mail me and maybe we can do some business. thanks

casey
        Hey casey, I know of a local sawmill where I live here in Banner Elk N.Carolina.They carry basswood and buckeye logs and other types from the surrounding mountains. I am currently bardering with them for some carving wood.All wood is fresh cut and I can get logs cut into different thicknesses.I carve walking sticks out of rhodedendron which come out of the forest behind me.Let me know if this interest you.

Comment

casey
          Casey:

I have just cleared a lot (West of Cleveland, OH) which has 5 large Buckeye trees. If you are interested, please contact me - as I would prefer that someone use them for a purpose other than firewood.

Best regards,

Tom
          [email protected]

Comment

Original post was in Oct of 02...probably be lucky to get a response..
            "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

casey
              Casey, What size are you looking for. Have quite a bit in my inventory. both dimensional and plank. email me direct with specific requests or questions. [email protected]. I know it can be hard to find. Usually just see burl around.

Comment

Working...
              X