X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomp
    replied
    Re: Pakka Wood

can i download a couple pounds of this stuff for my compost heap......

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied

That valley in the Andes is an interesting one all right. On the other side of the valley, is the mine that provides all the unobtainium for the aerospace industry. This is the stuff is picked up in the mine as a fine powder. When it's put into a form and electricity and heat applied, it becomes a metal that is half the weight of aluminum, tougher than tungstun alloys, and harder than silicon carbide. When electricity is applied with the grain of the metal, it acts like a superconductor, but when the electricity is applied cross-grain, it acts like a perfect insulator. A piece of it that is 1mm thick weights about the same as a sheet of newspaper of the same size, but is so strong it would stop a bullet. The only thing that will cut it is a diamond saw, so most of it is cast into the final dimensions that are needed. Heat doesn't affect it either, so it's great stuff to make rocket nozzles out of. The only problem with it is that human sweat makes it turn back into powder - so it wouldn't be any good for wood carving chisels or knives. If fact, other than rocket nozzles, the only thing that has been found that it can be made into and stay that way for a long time is a state Department of Transportation shovel.

Claude

Leave a comment:

• MelNM
    replied

I want you to know we use that banana oil at work for training, its great stuff.Monkey
    Mel

Leave a comment:

• Kenny_S
    replied

This board has some of the best fertilizer on it for sure. It keeps growing!!!!
    well, I was "assuming" that is was fertilizer!

Leave a comment:

• mdallensr
    replied

Self-fertilizing for sure. We plow under the spam after everyone refuses to eat it. Those critters will never make the endangered species list. They are kinda cute though. Jester

Leave a comment:

• wade clark
    replied

Is that the self-fertilizing pasture?

Leave a comment:

• mdallensr
    replied

I have a Pakka tree growing in the pasture where my spam graze. Those little critters seem to love that tree and the unique oil that drips from it. Sheesh!!!

Leave a comment:

• Thomp
    replied

i searched for pakawood and paka wood rick
    thats the only problems with searching the archives you have to be exact...
    fuzzy logic searches would work slick ... as that bananna oil

thanks
    thomas

Leave a comment:

• rick-in-seattle
    replied

Thomp,
    I found this old post, it might answer your question.

Leave a comment:

• carver6
    replied

Hope Rick had his hip boots on when he wrote that tale, cause it sure was gettin' deep!!! In fact, it got so deep the key board and screen on my computer started oozin' sticky stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Ashmagalf1
    replied

Wow... only on the site about a week and I already feel in over my head!Apple Gonna have to get me some of that there Bananna Tree Wood. Sounds Teriffic!

God Bless,
    Richard

Leave a comment:

• big_Wayne_P
    replied

very Good Rick

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied

Groan....where do these guys come from!!!Head Bange

Good one Rick.....good way to start a day.....with a smile! Thanks.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

and I thought my spaghetti and meatball bushes were bad! Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Plain_Ol_Ed
    replied

Groan .....

Leave a comment: