Tree of Paradise for walking sticks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree of Paradise for walking sticks?

I just got some trash wood from the neighbor and was hoping it will work good for walking sticks. The limbs are straight and the wood stinks. That's about all I know about it. My plan is to attach a topper, such as the Dragon that Lora Irish has in her tutorial here. I thought I'd just leave the bark on. Should I seal the ends and then wait until next year before I attach anything? If anyone has worked with this wood, I'd like to hear how it worked for you.

Re: Tree of Paradise for walking sticks?

Got ill just thinking of the smell. Has to be the most pungent tree there is. Burn it

Comment

Really? I was hoping there was a way to seal it. Yeah, I don't want to use it if it's permanently stinky.

Comment

sounds like an opportunity for a gag gift to me.....
        Buffalo Bif
        www.bflobif.com

Comment

I have a brother you could send one to....just let me know and I will send you an address!!!!

Comment

Hmmm, I've got a brother that might qualify for one too. ;-O

Comment

The worst I have smelled is the stalk of a century plant...but, let it lay out in the weather for a week or so and the smell goes away....
              "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

The smell will diminish as it dries, although it is stringy and tends to split/splinter. Medium hard, but as with all "wood opportunities", definitely try it. Cut it a bunch of different ways to see what happens. Could be junk or very well worth carving....cut some, convince yourself....

Comment

Working...
                X