No announcement yet.

Does my piece have bugs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This creepy dude was in my house Sunday night, the bug app I downloaded said it’s a pine Sawyer, I’m wondering if he came from the log?

Comment

I googled Pine Sawyer imagees and found a pic of a tree with the same kind of hole.
      Every day should be unwrapped like a precious gift.

Comment

There is a large crosscut section of a Sequoia Redwood in a local park, completed riddled with holes and surrounded by flying bumblebees.

Comment

I'd get a bug bomb from the Grocery store - the type you bomb a bedroom with ! - and put the Bear into a large trash bag with a smoking bomb. Seal up and keep it outdoors. It will out-gas
          through the sealed end if not really tight - and you want the bag to blow up with plenty of gas. Wait a day and air it out. These can transfer to the Chairs in the house or on the porch if not dealt with with one process or another. Good luck.

Comment

It looks like you may have what we call a bark beatles. In general, they will lay thier egg in the bark and then the larva will chew its way into the wood. When they mature they turn into the creature you have pictured. A lot of times the finish we use will take care of the criters, but every once and a while one remains. If they are active you will see a course pile of sawdust at the base of the carving and a hole. All you need to do is spray a bug killer in the hole and done. They are ugly buggers but will not infest your home to my knowledge. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X