8 foot Butternut Greenman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 8 foot Butternut Greenman

The eyes have it! Its a Colin Partridge for sure!

Here is one of mine inspired by the big fella himself!

I am looking forward to seeing you at the Itchy Shirt do!

I just got a hold of 6 sweet chestnut sawlogs 3ft - 4ft diameter, could ear mark one for your visit!!!???

dick

Comment

Originally posted by dicktilley20 View Post
      The eyes have it! Its a Colin Partridge for sure!

Here is one of mine inspired by the big fella himself!

I am looking forward to seeing you at the Itchy Shirt do!

I just got a hold of 6 sweet chestnut sawlogs 3ft - 4ft diameter, could ear mark one for your visit!!!???

dick
      That is a really cool chair!

Dang, I have GOT to stop hanging out around this place, there are more ideas here than my little pea brain can handle!

Comment

Love the chair Dick you will have to show me how to do one of those. Hey hell yes put my name on one I have never carved chessnut before would love to try it. See you in September.
        Colin
        Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
        Jackson, MS

Comment

Simple carvin' from a simple carver!

Its the same wood you are carving now Colin, butternut!

dicki

Comment

Originally posted by Colin-Partridge View Post

Well I have put the shorts away with the temperature hovering around -10 with the wind chill. Still out with the greenman though although I am taking a break every half hour to come inside to warm up. I was thinking I dont like the way that I do my eyes. So I thought I would try and carve these eyes the same as someone who really has admire as an artist. So Patrick (Irishman) not the same as yours but same style I studied your carvings and this is what I came up with. The carving is starting to take shape the leafs have taken forever. tomorrow I will put in the lips and finish the detail. Oh BTW the Feed and Wa
            x didnt work too well on the Butternut bark it turned it a little yellow. The good news is that the wife tried it on the furnature and just loves it..
            Colin
            I use linseed oil with thinner mix never had problems , I use to use like a danish oil name not coming to me sorry

Comment

Working...
            X