We are off to Cambell River British Columbia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We are off to Cambell River British Columbia

Hi Colin buddy! You are surely being missed here but are here in our minds & thoughts every day! Here is a link to Dave Gambles (Gabby's Son) youtube channel & you can keep up every day with his video uploads & I will try to take & post pics of the event every day as the creations come to life!
    YouTube - WordsForWise's Channel
    As soon as I start uploading I will post a link to my photobucket page also.
    Keep the chin up Colin & many more adventures will soon be coming our way!
    Thanks, Robbin

Comment

looking forward to that Robbin. I wish I could be there but I have to WORK! Say hi to the boys for me.

Comment

I keep waiting for a video from Dave, probably too busy chasing girls, darn kids lol...

Comment

Hi all, Just got lucky & got connected this AM & Dave has had worse luck yet but is videoing & will post them as soon as he can get connected as well. Lots of awesome creation coming to life here!
          Thanks, Robbin
          I haven't had much of a chance to take pics either, busy busy!

Comment

I hope all is going well up there! Someday maybe Bob and I can make the trip. I know the wood looked great last year. Bob has taken a week off from carving, he has tennis elbow and is in terrible pain. Hoping it will feel better by Sedro Woolley for the 4th of July event. Robbin, I am looking forward to seeing you and Gabby's masterpieces soon....Carve safe and Have fun! Cindy

Comment

Oh Colin _ I am finally living close enough to get over there and I just happened to be there today. I knew that you should be there so I went looking for you and finally asked if you were there. That's when I got the sad news.

The good news is I took lots of pictures and I will post them in the next day or so on Facebook.

Comment

Hi everyone - here are the pictures I took at Campbell River yesterday. I posted them on Facebook at there are WAY too many to post here.....Colin I really was sorry not to be able to meet you while I was there. Maybe next year.

Login | Facebook

Comment

Thanks Lindy I have been starving for pictures from CR. I am also sorry I didnt get to meet you but the knees gave out. For me not to go to CR and cancel without air fare refund was huge for me I have been going for years it is my home away from home. Great Carvings by the look of them. The ones I recognize I think is Robbins the heron and wolf, the eagle Gerry Steriloff, Cougar Dan Ritchie, Native warrior Elmer Gunderson, Cookie monster, Wilber, the turtle Bogo Love, the rest I am not sure. I am already registered for next year I already sent my money and application in. Let hope the knees hold up and I will be there. Again thanks for taking the pictures. See you next year.
                  Colin
                  Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
                  Jackson, MS

Comment

You're welcome Colin - please know that my comment on my own disappointment was not a critism - I can only imagine how much greater your disappointment is. It certainly shows just how bad your knees are. I can also tell you that the person I asked ()don't know his name) was really diappointed you weren't able to be there too. You were definately missed....

C'ya next year.....

Comment

I sure hope somebody puts some up here, not everybody's on facebook, or wants to be.

Comment

Pete my friend I hope so too. I am suprised that Robbin hasent posted any yet. I sent an email to CR trying to find out the results but havent heard anything back as yet. By the way loved your carving in Chetwyd brother that was awsome my favorite for sure. Chaz was asking if you were coming to Chazfest are you? He was asking me if you got to Toronto would I give you a ride. It would be a pleasure to have your company its a long drive and a chance to pick your brain about carving. Let me know if your coming.
                        Colin
                        Jackson, MS

Comment

Lindy, Thanks for posting the pictures, it was fun to see what they are did up there. I am looking forward to Robbin getting back and giving us an update on what the final results were.

Just a quick question for Colin...Do you get to keep your sculpture or does the city buy it from you?

Comment

No Cindy the town of Campbell River gets to keep the carvings I would guess by now they have about 400 of them. They are placed everywhere and if a business wants to adopt one it costs them $100 a year and they are responsible for the upkeep of the carving. The quick carves are auctioned off and 1/2 the revenue goes to the carver the other towards Shoreline Arts. There are cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Carvers Choice, and Peoples Choice in each catagory. This way the town can keep on having the competion each year. It is a great event so many talented carvers and wonderful people and there is nothing like carving on the beach.
                            Colin
                            Jackson, MS

Comment

It sounds kind of like Chetwynd, except every carver get $1,000.00 for travel money in exchange for their carvings. It would be nice to carve on the beach. I bet they had nice weather this past weekend. It was really nice here.

Comment

Colin, more than likely that I won't be going. Its a looong way but if I can swing it I will. I really want to meet all you guys in person. Never say never, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X