Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regretfully removing a name from the list ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regretfully removing a name from the list ...

I am sorry to announce that Colin Partridge is no longer unable to attend our upcoming event. I hope he can make it next year, though! It is not my place to state his reasons, but if you're a friend of his, please drop him a line or give him a call .... that's all I'll say.

Re: Regretfully removing a name from the list ...

Gonna miss ya big fella, there sure will be a big gap round the camp fire....

Take care mate, maybe next year!!!???

Chaz, do me a large T-Shirt please, some think that lets the sawdust drop out the bottom.

dick

Comment

Sorry, everyone, I shouldn't try to type early in the morning ... of course the above post should read that Colin is no longer ABLE to attend ... oops!
      Dick, will do, buddy!

Comment

I just tried to PM Colin but this site couldn't find him??? I then went to his home page & tried to leave a note but they said I must have a valid URL. I'm not very good at this computer stuff & frankly don't know what the heck a URL is. All I was trying to do was send him some well wishes. Didn't know where else to try, so here it is, I hope you're doing okay Colin.

Dan

Comment

[email protected]
          Dan, here's his e-mail, I'm sure he wouldn't mind me giving it out.

Comment

Here's a link to his account on this site.

Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board - View Profile: Colin_Partridge

Bob

Comment

Thanks guys for your concern and thankyou so much Chaz my brother for the thread. The reason that I will not be attending everyone is two fold. Last thursday morning my dad who is 88 passed away on the 16th hole of the golf course. His passion was golf and his hero was Tiger Woods. He golfed ever week and on Monday was the year end golf tournement. They did CPR on him but it was about 15 minutes before the paramedics got there. He did have a DNR but it was in his wallet. They had no pulse and paddled him and got a heart rate and he was breathing. The doctor at the hospital said he had no brain fuction. He lived for another three days after that and my mom who is 90 didnt want him to pass alone so I slept on a chair by his bed for three days until he finally passed early thursday morning because she couldnt bear to stay there. So now I have to look after mom and take care of all of his affairs as well as hers. Secondly I can hardly walk anymore my knees have deteriorated to the point that the surgeon is going to replace them starting in October but wont do them both at the same time. So my carving days with the chainsaw are over for a while. By the time I get so I can walk again we will have three feet of snow. I am planning on doing some hand carving in fact I am getting all my tools ready to send to Rick as we speak for sharpening. So if I am not on the message board please be patient with me I will get back to it when every thing settles down. I really feel like I have let Chaz down I was so looking forward to going and hanging out with everyone. Oh well the good lord willing and I am able and all goes well with the surgery I will definatly attend next year. Just wanted to clarify why I havent been active but I try to read the message board at least once a week.
              Thanks again Chaz and Dez I hope that your festival is the best it can be.
              Colin
              Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
              Jackson, MS

Comment

My prayers go out for your mom and you and family.sorry for your loss.Also for your knees, take care and God bless.
                My ETSY shop:
                https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodforddellDesigns

Comment

Colin, So sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tom H
                  http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Colin, please do not feel that you've let us down, brother ... we should be the least of your worries right now and you will be there with us in our hearts this year.

Comment

Colin, just read your message and I wish you and your family peace and strength to get through these very hard times. God Bless you all.

Dan

Comment

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family Colin! I hope your surgeries go well, three in my family have had knee replacements and all they compain about is that they wished they had them done sooner.

Marcia.

Comment

Hang in there buddy, you'll be carving in no time. Sorry to hear about your loss, best wishes to you and your and family.
                          Jay

Comment

Colin:
                            So sorry for your loss, your family will be remembered in our prayers.
                            Mark N. Akers
                            My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Colin -- I wish I lived closer so I could help somehow.
                              Sending prayers and positive thoughts .

Comment

Working...
                              X