Harley Refsal's 5 day class in Decorah, Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley Refsal's 5 day class in Decorah, Iowa

Harley Refsal's 5 day class was so much fun I can't tell you how it made me feel. This class was special. He started each day with a show and tell and that was just the start. I always knew I could carve but his Harley knife that he and Dell Stubs of www.Pinewoodforge.com is the best. Everything you want to know about knifes is there. Harley's books are the best. Each and every one. I especially like the historical parts and enjoy the read. Harley told us this would be a special class and he was right. 5 days not 3 and followed by the 50th Anniversary of Nordic Fest. And we will be on Rocky Mountain Public TV March 2017 so I will keep you posted.I carved and painted Karl Oscar The Hunter here and the short Troll Viking out of his blue book but he is not yet painted. I have plenty of other carvings to paint and well after a class in two weeks I will have to get busy. TT
    Last edited by TT123; 08-04-2016, 05:30 PM.

There were 3 photos here. What happened?

Comment

I dunno. I'd try loading them again.
      Terry

Comment

Deja vu!

Tinwood

Comment

Can't agree with you more about Harley (and the Harley Knife...I have the Harley Stubby and love it). I'd love to carve with Harley some day! However, the photos you posted don't show up.
          Keep On Carvin'
          Bob K.

My Etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/rwkwoodcarving

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

Here my favorite guys! Harley's New Pattern -The Hunter--8.jpg
            Attached Files

Comment

Was Karl Oscar hunting rhinos? That's a pretty stout bore size on that field piece. Nice looking little feller and I like the ruddy cheeks too.

Tinwood

Comment

He is a GRINNER. Don't let flat plane carving fool you, it is a special skill to do it.
                . . . JoeB
                . . .JoeB

Comment

The original post is back! Sorry the Head shot wasn't tack sharp.

Comment

Outstanding job TT. Very clean cuts, and nice subtle paint. Some great stories to go along too.

I like him, Tom
                    If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Thanks Tom
                      You would be pleased to know Harley uses one of your knife messager. He uses the 3m paper from www.Thewoodcraftshop.com on steel plates. One of your older creations no doubt. He start on a Norton India oil stone and moves up as a wire edge appears. All the while flat. I like the paper and wonder about the diamonds on my knife messager and whether they are worn off or not.

Comment

TT
                        I knew he had one but didn't know if he used it much, Thank you for letting me know, He traded Gil Drake one of his carvings for it when we were at the Northwest carving academy. As far as your diamonds, they last a long time but do lose the sharpness as they get worn. You could use some of the 3m paper on them like Harley does.

carve safe, Tom
                        If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Working...
                        X