My library Christmas tree project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My library Christmas tree project

Getting back into carving after a 60 year sleep over (don't we wish) and now finding some time I started on learning again. It is a family thing, Great Uncle, Dad, Uncle and I to name a few. One uncle carved in the oil fields of dangerous Asia. It seemed to make friends of all kinds and may have kept him out of trouble. Keep that in mind. Stay out of trouble. Carve. I found a book that sparked my thoughts - more to come, but this is a large set. Two more are in the house for friends. "Carving & Painting Christmas Ornaments" Betty Padden Wood Carving Illustrated.
    Something for my son the guitar and other bobbles.  All have screw in eyes. Santas with stockings and green bible. Bible up close - binding and mushroom.

That a great assortment of Christmas Ornaments
    . . .JoeB

Comment

That just about covers the whole spectrum when it comes to Christmas ornaments. My personal favorite is the reindeer in photos # 2 & 4 .
      Wayne

Comment

You have been busy, welcome back to carving.

Comment

Nice assortment! You've been busy...

Claude
          My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beadman1

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Thank all of you and for Soggy - I have a Hurricane(now Tropical storm) headed for us now. Lufkin, TX. Here is the two tiny sleighs I made Santa bag almost empty catching the young on the way home as they were awake on first try :-) and I have another sleigh that is for the Big stuff - houses, cars, boats and such magic compresses them but not for the bag. Express by two deer meeting Santa on the way. Hope you enjoy the pictures - I still have to get my act together was an AFRS (pre TV in Arm Forces Radio Service ) Photographer 50+ years ago! Need to take more time and better setups. The small deer were sawed out and ground out with diamond cutters. That worked nicely.

Comment

Home-made ornaments are the best kind, without a doubt. I have a fig tree in my living room.
              Ornaments and carvings that I admire stay up in the tree all year.
              I see a few in your body of work which would fit in very nicely.

Take care with the storm. The news from Houston is nearly unbelievable.

Comment

Thank you all for the nice comments. Still learning how to carve and some of it is my version due to a slip of the mind or knife from the first design concept. I continue on and keep them as good. Painting is another learning and have to learn on wall hangings how to blend colors like on flowers and leaves. Given the time, knock on Bass wood, I'll get into more interesting projects and get closer to what my Great Uncle did. The storm from Houston thus far for us is wind and rain. Our rain is currently under 5 inches. We expect that much more as the 'lazy' low moves to the north east towards the Tenn. River and before that the Big Easy the Mississippi. Martin

Comment

Plenty there for a very Merry Christmas! Nice work!
                  Terry

Comment

What I was trying to say with the 5th picture - the two small sleighs came from the scrap drawer, left overs from the one piece guitar I did for our son.

Comment

Great bunch of Christmas ornaments!
                      Steve Reed - Carvin' in the flatlands!

My fb page: https://www.facebook.com/stephen.ree...8.100000156660 683&type=3

Comment

MY beloved of 51 years wants 8 more large deer! Wow. On the hunt for years - my large Red sleigh on Brass brazing rod runners - elevated and with curls up the front - will now have a full set of deer for the kitchen cabinet tops. Mantle has other stuff now. TV has a hand sewed, 6' (2 m) long cloth that drapes down in art sewing. The house is can get so dressed that it drives us batty after a month or two. Now we are older, we are very selective so it takes several days and not several weeks to set up ! But that is us. Had a 20' Christmas tree when I was 3 years old and I'm big in Christmas decorations since I suppose. Already made a larger sled with two larger deer than before (Big one is the model) another is in the works between sizes. Martin

Comment

It looks like you are just about ready for Christmas . Good work on them all. Merle

Comment

Working...
                          X