Old couple sitting on bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old couple sitting on bench

This is a copy of a Trygg carving that was recently posted on this site. The figures are about 4 inches tall.
    Joe

Great job! I really like this. Great job on the painting as well. The skin tone looks well done. What did you use?
    Anders.

Comment

Hi Joe Darned good work buddy. The proportions look spot on and you got great expession on the faces. very cool.

Comment

Real nice carvings Joe!

Comment

Hi Joe , you put a lot of Thought into this Piece because it shows . Good Job . Merle

Comment

Originally posted by 4ND3R5 View Post
            Great job! I really like this. Great job on the painting as well. The skin tone looks well done. What did you use?
            Anders, I use a Pete LeClair formula for my skin tone. It's Minwax natural stain with a touch of raw sienna oil paint. Then while that is still wet a little flesh tone acrylic paint with a touch of red on the lips & cheeks.
            Joe

Comment

Thanks Glen, Dash, & Merle for your nice comments.
              Joe

Comment

They certainly put a smile on my face, well done∙∙∙∙and thanks for the painting tip. got it printed off. I have a flesh tone American acrylic, is that what you use. I'm never really satisfied with my skin colors.
                . . .JoeB

Comment

Nice Harley Refsal style carving and well done, Joe.
                  Bill
                  Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Excellent, Joe!
                    Herb

Comment

Very nice job Joe, looks great.
                      Mark N. Akers
                      My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Beautiful work, such a peaceful scene, tells a great story.

Bob
                        Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Thanks Joe, I used American medium flesh on this one. I've used others and they were just as good. I should have added that you need to water down your flesh paint quite a bit.
                          Joe

Comment

Thanks Woodburner, Herb, Mark & Bob, I'm glad you like it.
                            Joe

Comment

Originally posted by JoeVM View Post

Anders, I use a Pete LeClair formula for my skin tone. It's Minwax natural stain with a touch of raw sienna oil paint. Then while that is still wet a little flesh tone acrylic paint with a touch of red on the lips & cheeks.
                              Thanks Joe. I'll have to try it out. I hadn't heard of Pete LeClair before you mentioned him. I looked him up and ordered three of his books. I like his style.
                              Anders.

Comment

Working...
                              X