Johannes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johannes

This Johannes rough out has been hanging about in my tool bag, on my computer table, in my shed, on top of my bed was hidden out of sight for a while and then I finally got around to finishing him off.
    What caused the delays? Well the roughout was a little too small for my skill level with the knife. I just couldn't get my head around the details and lost confidence almost every time I started carving.
    Big hands, inexperience and really small carvings dont mix well with this beginner but persistence got surprising results as he finished up looking pretty darned close to Mr Refsals Johannes in his fantastic book on Flat Plane Carving.
    I have an even smaller roughout tormenting me from the shelf as I type but am more confident in a result now. So I guess he is next to go under the knife.
    Just a little unsolicited advice for other beginners here :- Dont go too small when you are first starting out.

Re: Johannes

Lookin' good mate........enjoyed the penguin a lot too, easy to see why the missus adopted him. Keep up the good work, the more you do, the more fun it becomes.
    John

Comment

He looks good.
      Keep at it.

Doug

Comment

Hey Rob .. Nice job on him .. keep it up my friiend

Gene

Comment

Nice job Rob, i know what you mean small project big hands.

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X