Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearded Little People

Hi all

My latest effort. Basswood 7/8 x 7/8 x 2.
    Tried using my micro v-tool and worked out quite well.
    First time trying a beard.
    Tried to get some space between beard and body. Did ok I think..

Will paint maybe later today or tomorrow.
    Sliced my finger really good. Yes glove was on..
    You might see a spot of red here or there. lol
    Hazard of the hobbie.. Hope you like it.

Re: Bearded Little People

Johnnie, that redwood is hard to carve. Looks like you need to take the v-tool after his hair too, and bring his shoulders down a little. Nice job on the carving.

Carve safe, Tom
    If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Looks good, as Tom says get after the hair with the v tool and try making some curved v tool cuts
      Herb

Comment

To be honest, I sliced my finger really good. Could use a couple of stitches but just used a butterfly strip.. They work just as good.

So I did not get to the hair... Was thinking of trying to give him a flaying pony tail. Don't know yet . was going to try and paint it but will wait a day or two for healing..

I got me really good this time.. Scarey Sharp.. IS "Scarey' .. for sure. lol

Comment

Looking good Johnnie! Be safe. (I use a lot of super glue on my cuts!)

Comment

Dang Johnnie, this fellow looks like I use to feel after a good time, if you know what I mean, bowl on the head, just kinda wandering around. As soon as you feel like pick up your knife and giving the wood a couple more slices, give us another post. . .Looking good so far.
            . . .JoeB
            . . .JoeB

Comment

You are definitely on the right track (except for slicing your finger). Good suggestions above and I'll add one more. I would work more on making the head fit inside the hat instead of the hat sitting flat on top of the head. Keep at it!
              Terry

Comment

I love the little guys nice work. p.s. take it from someone who knows, keep the finger away from the sharp side.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the cut. Hopefully the glove slowed it down. Finish when you can.
                  Carve On,
                  Kadiddle

Comment

Hi all thanks for tips.

Well I lost my hat.. lol.. As Jack Price says in his video.., I start with a hat, but doesn't always end up with a hat. lol.. SO,, no hat.. . Brim split and that was it.

SO

Was a good practice for me with the v-tool. All hair and bandana were v-tooled..

Here it is all painted. Put a bandana on his head and long hair. Looks like a long haired hippie caveman biker.. lol

Watercolour DaVinci artist paints. Did not have a clue on what colours so there you have. it

Comment

I can't make these pics any bigger Johnnie, but he looks really cool.

Tom
                      If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Well done Johnnie

Comment

Thanks folks.. Yea Tom. I don't know what happened there. My camera work is not the greatest. Had lots of trouble with it. Just tried using it again after last few posts. Supposed to be fixed..Me thinks not

Comment

Good recovery Johnnie. I tried to enlarge the picture, but the pixels wouldn't co-operate. . .JoeB
                            . . .JoeB

Comment

I redid the pictures.. Seems to be better now. Don't know what I did.. no idea. What the old fart is standing on is a peroxide bottle top cap.. what ever works from my lazy boy.. lol

Tis basswood 7/8 x 7/8 x 1 3/4 tiny one it tis..

hope you like 'em !!

Comment

Working...
                              X