Two First place ribbons Elvis and Schnauzer
    Two Second place ribbons, Rose and Old World Santa
    I am very happy to have these ribbons as I only entered five items
    Bruce
    Attached Files

Congratulations Bruce. Great job.

Tinwood

Comment

Congratulations, Bruce! 4 out of 5 is awesome!

Comment

Well done Bruce, it's great to see your efforts acknowledged and rewarded.
        Regards
        John

Comment

Congratulations, Bruce!!! I'm with Michelle - 4 out of 5 is AWESOME!! I haven't got the nerve up yet to even try and enter one. Love the dog.

Comment

Hey, that's super! Congratulations!
            Terry

Comment

This is great to hear, congrats. At this rate, you're going to have to get a prize ribbon bucket to keep your ribbons in. Thumbs Up
              . . . JoeB
              . . .JoeB

Comment

Thanks
                Tinwood, Michelle,John,Joyce,Terry and JoeB, I am not a competitive carver, this being a local show, I decided to enter five carvings to help fill up the display area, I am very honored to have won on four out five. I have been doing carving demos the last two afternoons trying to get some new members for our club, if we get the people that have stopped by and picked up the information cards in last two days we should have five new faces at our opening meeting September 6th, we still have three days of demos to do
                ,PS
                We have our carved Quilt set up at the demo area
                Bruce
                Attached Files

Comment

That is really neat, Bruce. But now the pressure is on for the next show!

Comment

Congratulations Bruce. That's fabulous. I'm so happy for you . I'm especially impressed that your schnauzer dog won a first. That's so heart warming.

Comment

Thanks Sappy,
                      I won;t be doing an other competition until next year, a couple of sales coming up for Christmas and I am ready for them

Bruce

Comment

Thanks Spiritwolfe,
                        I carved the Schnauzer after we got back from Newfoundland with Breagha's ashes in her urn. I couldn't get started for almost three weeks after I had put her down. Winning a first place ribbon with that carving made all the difference in the world to me, it will Never Be Sold
                        Bruce

Attached Files

Comment

image.jpeg image.jpeg I hope this isn't taken as a high jack but I'd really like to do something with these two pics of my baby girl. It's been almost 1 1/2 years and I still get teared up whenever I think of her so I truly do understand how you feel. It's tough losing our furry friends.
                          I don't know how to upload photos yet so I hope these arent too huge. ( I can't seem to delete that bottom one. Sorry)
                          Did you find carving your schnauzer therapeutic to your healing?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 08-25-2016, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Hi Spiritwolfe
                            Carving a likeness of my dog is very therapeutic in the healing process ,yesterday I carved another one , haven;t painted it yet, my wife has it by her work computer. It is a lot smaller then the first one, put just as calming to her/
                            . I know I will carve a few more to give a way to Breagha's play time buddies that stopped by to play ball or frizz-be with her when they were out walking
                            Bruce

Comment

Congrats on your winners, Bruce!
                              Keep On Carvin'
                              Bob K.

My Etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/rwkwoodcarving

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

Working...
                              X