Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Bird

Basswood

Little Bird was a fun carve and adding the earrings was an idea that came to me out of the blue. Little Bird resize.jpg

Great carving, like the detail and lack of paint, just the color in the eyes and earrings set it off
    . . .JoeB

Comment

Beautiful carving, nice detail, the headpiece is wonderful and the earrings was a master stoke. Just enough to really add pizzaz.

Tinwood

Comment

Nice! What is the size?

Comment

Magnificent work! Great detail and I like the unpainted look! The earrings were an interesting embellishment too!
          Keep On Carvin'
          Bob K.

My Woodcarving blog: https://www.woodchipchatter.com

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

Great carving!! Nice, clean cuts. Great face and expression. What kind of wood did you use?? What finish did you put on??

Comment

Hi Kathy, Great Carving and very well done. I see Mark Gargac teachings in the Carving, you paid Attention to his Instructions. Good seeing your Carvings again. Merle

Comment

Nicely done! The earrings are a great addition .
                We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
                https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
                  Great carving, like the detail and lack of paint, just the color in the eyes and earrings set it off
                  Thank you, Joe there are times when I enjoy not painting a carving and this is one. I wood burned the eyes and added some varnish.

BobD has reenstated my 'Mottles' username so no more Carver Lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinwood View Post
                    Beautiful carving, nice detail, the headpiece is wonderful and the earrings was a master stoke. Just enough to really add pizzaz.

Tinwood
                    Thank you, Tinwood I love pizzaz...sometimes these things work!

Comment

Hi Michelle, thank you.............the carving is 7 1/4" Tall by 4" inches Wide

Last edited by Mottles; 11-29-2016, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob K. View Post
                        Magnificent work! Great detail and I like the unpainted look! The earrings were an interesting embellishment too!
                        Hi Bob K. thank you, I like the unpainted look too....I actually painted another one and didn't like it at all. Sometimes embellishments work and sometimes they take away from the carving.

Comment

Originally posted by dicka View Post
                          Great carving!! Nice, clean cuts. Great face and expression. What kind of wood did you use?? What finish did you put on??
                          Hi dicka. thank you......I used basswood, and 2 coats of spray varnish

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                            Hi Kathy, Great Carving and very well done. I see Mark Gargac teachings in the Carving, you paid Attention to his Instructions. Good seeing your Carvings again. Merle
                            Hi Merle, thank you too! Yes, I love Mark's work and it was wonderful to be able to travel to Creed, Colorado and take a Mountain Man workshop with him. I'm carving a santa ornament now....feeling rusty.......got all my tools out today and cleaned and sharpened them.

Comment

Hi Randy, thank you....I carved two with earrings....he's my favorite.

Comment

Working...
                              X