Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Bird

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Little Bird

    Basswood

    Little Bird was a fun carve and adding the earrings was an idea that came to me out of the blue. Little Bird resize.jpg

  • #2
    Great carving, like the detail and lack of paint, just the color in the eyes and earrings set it off
    . . .JoeB

    Comment


    • #3
      Beautiful carving, nice detail, the headpiece is wonderful and the earrings was a master stoke. Just enough to really add pizzaz.

      Tinwood

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice! What is the size?

        Comment


        • #5
          Magnificent work! Great detail and I like the unpainted look! The earrings were an interesting embellishment too!
          Keep On Carvin'
          Bob K.

          My Woodcarving blog: https://www.woodchipchatter.com


          My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9


          My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood


          My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

          Comment


          • #6
            Great carving!! Nice, clean cuts. Great face and expression. What kind of wood did you use?? What finish did you put on??

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi Kathy, Great Carving and very well done. I see Mark Gargac teachings in the Carving, you paid Attention to his Instructions. Good seeing your Carvings again. Merle

              Comment


              • #8
                Nicely done! The earrings are a great addition .
                We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
                https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
                  Great carving, like the detail and lack of paint, just the color in the eyes and earrings set it off
                  Thank you, Joe there are times when I enjoy not painting a carving and this is one. I wood burned the eyes and added some varnish.

                  BobD has reenstated my 'Mottles' username so no more Carver Lady.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tinwood View Post
                    Beautiful carving, nice detail, the headpiece is wonderful and the earrings was a master stoke. Just enough to really add pizzaz.

                    Tinwood
                    Thank you, Tinwood I love pizzaz...sometimes these things work!

                    BobD has reenstated my 'Mottles' username so no more Carver Lady.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi Michelle, thank you.............the carving is 7 1/4" Tall by 4" inches Wide


                      BobD has reenstated my 'Mottles' username so no more Carver Lady.

                      Last edited by Mottles; 11-29-2016, 08:23 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bob K. View Post
                        Magnificent work! Great detail and I like the unpainted look! The earrings were an interesting embellishment too!
                        Hi Bob K. thank you, I like the unpainted look too....I actually painted another one and didn't like it at all. Sometimes embellishments work and sometimes they take away from the carving.


                        BobD has reenstated my 'Mottles' username so no more Carver Lady.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dicka View Post
                          Great carving!! Nice, clean cuts. Great face and expression. What kind of wood did you use?? What finish did you put on??
                          Hi dicka. thank you......I used basswood, and 2 coats of spray varnish


                          BobD has reenstated my 'Mottles' username so no more Carver Lady.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                            Hi Kathy, Great Carving and very well done. I see Mark Gargac teachings in the Carving, you paid Attention to his Instructions. Good seeing your Carvings again. Merle
                            Hi Merle, thank you too! Yes, I love Mark's work and it was wonderful to be able to travel to Creed, Colorado and take a Mountain Man workshop with him. I'm carving a santa ornament now....feeling rusty.......got all my tools out today and cleaned and sharpened them.

                            BobD has reenstated my 'Mottles' username so no more Carver Lady.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hi Randy, thank you....I carved two with earrings....he's my favorite.

                              BobD has reenstated my 'Mottles' username so no more Carver Lady.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X