Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Collector Elf

Another in my Elf series

Basswood, Pyrography he was a fun carve and fits this time of year with tax prep and all. TaxCollectorElfFrontweb.jpg

He looks really good Kathy. Do you paint them or leave them natural?
    Larry

Comment

Boy, you are cranking them out, like him, he gave me a chuckle
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Wow! He's fantastic, Kathy! I really enjoy seeing your elves...they're always top notch!
        Keep On Carvin'
        Bob K.

My Woodcarving blog: https://www.woodchipchatter.com

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

He is a beauty! Wonderfully done.
          Terry

Comment

MagicMan Thank you, I have only painted one and didn't like it. The elves to me just seem to look best woodburned with a nice protective finish.

Comment

Joe Thank you, I haven't carved an elf in three years all past carvings. I will plan some NEW ones it is really fun carving and imagining what they want to be.

Comment

BobK Thank you, I'm glad you like my elves...give one a try...I think I still have Mark Gargacs layout instructions if you or anyone is interested.

Comment

Nomad Thank you too, they are fun and fairly easy to carve.

Comment

Mark Gargac Did a series of instructions on how he carves Mountain Men and I think Elves if so the text part is probably still on WCI, but not the images.

Comment

Originally posted by Mottles View Post
                      BobK Thank you, I'm glad you like my elves...give one a try...I think I still have Mark Gargacs layout instructions if you or anyone is interested.
                      Your elves are just so much fun. I really like this style that you've evolved, it seems to suit you and compliment the other works that you've been showing us. And yes, I would be interested in seeing what you have from Marc Gargac. I'm seriously thinking of purchasing one of his videos but we have to get past a few Christmas expense impediments first. Thanks for showing Mottles.

Tinwood

Comment

Hi Tinwood Thank you, I really think you and a good number of carvers on WCI could carve an elf with ease. I have a blank block left over that I can draw up the measurements onto. I don't think Mark would mind. He may have had an article in WCI Magazine on HowTo carve elves.

Comment

I found some notes on 'Marks Elves' check your WCI Magazines for Fall or Winter Holiday issue 2008 also I did find in my notes he did do an Elf carving instructional in 2009 for the Forum. If you have the 2008 issue you can get started....unfortunately that is one of the issues I gave away. I think I mentioned I do have his video. and it's really good I highly recommend it. www.gargacoriginals.com
                          Last edited by Mottles; 01-04-2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Absolutely Fantastic, although the tax collector in my area is much more grumpier!
                            thanks for sharing your great work with us.
                            Oscar

Comment

HA Oscar, Thank you and you welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X