Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    Sorry you were disappointed Paul. The bird carving are what caught my eye first and they look exceptionally well done. I'm not sure what this show is normally like so have nothing to compare it with but from what I do see, there is quite a bit of talent.
    Its been a while since I've attended an art show and I'm a tad jealous. Looks interesting and loads of fun.

Leave a comment:

• Jisanxw1
    replied
    Nice art works.

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied
    Claude, I wanted to talk to the carver of the prospector but no one was at that table the several times I went by. Also did not get the name of any of the other carvers. Being a bird carver I was very interested in the owl. Turned out the table was being "manned" by a friend of the carver. He too was a bird carver and we spent quite a while talking. I did get his email and we will be talking further via the internet. He has not heard of the Forum. I gave him the info and, hopefully, he will appear here.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Thanks for the post, Paul. The prosecutor is my favorite

Leave a comment:

• bowinhand
    replied
    Nice displays. Did they have a crowd? Really liked the Great Horned Owl.

Leave a comment:

• Bob K.
    replied
    Even though the exhibitor attendance may have been down it looks like there was some quality carvings there on display just the same. I'm curious to know why. Thanks for sharing the photos, Paul!

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Paul: Do you have names for the carver of the Bullion King gold miner and for the carver of the dragon?

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    the number of exhibits may have been down but the quality of work is sure an attention grabber;.. I dream of some day having the opportunity to attend this type of event.
    thanks for sharing;
    Wayne

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    I am sorry to hear there was not as many full tables. The TWG Shows were always a big group when I was there, Looks like there were some great carvings though. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied
    IMG_0006.JPGIMG_0016.JPGIMG_0009.JPG And finally these

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied
    More pics from Show IMG_0019.JPGIMG_0018.JPGIMG_0003.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    started a topic Grapevine Texas Show

Grapevine Texas Show

Yesterday I attended the Texas Woodcarvers Guild show at Grapevine. I time my spring visit to Texas to coincide with this show. I must say this year I was disappointed. A lot of the tables were empty and a good portion of those with tables were doing efforts that involved no or little actual woodcarving ~ gourds, turning, etc. Here are some photos of some of the tables IMG_0005.JPGIMG_0010.JPGIMG_0017.JPG
Working...
X