Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nomad
    replied
    Dileon, you know that "we only use 10% of our brain" thingy? Well... http://www.healthline.com/health/how...-use#overview1

Leave a comment:

• DiLeon
    replied
    Ok this is a new study......on people who could draw art........ Noted in the study.....that The artists had structurally different brains and the distinctions existed in regions of the brain linked to visual imagery and fine movements. Those better at drawing had increased density of gray matter in the left anterior cerebellum and the right medial frontal gyrus. Generally, the artists also had greater density of gray matter in the right precuneus. Gray matter is composed of actual nerve cells for the most part, while white matter primarily hosts communication and interaction between the gray matter regions. The researchers do not fully understand what the differences they discovered might mean> What I would like to know know in the future since they say we only use 10 percent of brain......if they did a study on all people of various skills ....are their brains in areas and skills also different? Lets say a doctor for example....does he use parts of the brain that would be in massive memory and etc?

Leave a comment:

• GregGerard
    replied
    Originally posted by Nomad View Post

Matter matters.
    That could be a t-shirt.

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by GregGerard View Post
    Y'all are build'n up your Artistic Brain matter
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jLx9XvN-os
    Very cool!

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied
    Matter matters.

Leave a comment:

• DiLeon
    replied
    Wow new information......that is interesting.

Leave a comment:

• GregGerard
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    : For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.
    Haha. That's funny.
    I will have to remember it.

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post
    To me, a true artist is one who creates from conception of an original idea through the execution of the work. I do not have that spark of originality, so my work in carving and other media is derivative or outright copied, so I consider myself an artisan or craftsman...would that put me in the classification as an art forger? Hmmm.
    That's a great way to put it. In that case I probably fall under the same category. An art forger. I like it. Most things I create stems from external sources , whether that's something I found online, something I've seen and remembered or from a photo I've taken. An idea is formed from that and expanded on.
    Even my paintings are rarely done freehand and spontaneous but sometimes they are and while I don't practice any religion I do think we all are connected to the Devine which we sometimes feel when we are in 'that' zone so I like to feel as though I'm a co-creator with whatever created me and this universes.
    I know, I dive too deep.
    This doesn't mean to say I'm right but merely just my personal belief which makes me feel good and doesn't hurt anyone. Lol.

Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 06-27-2017, 01:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiritwolfe View Post

I'm soooo glad YOU brought this up Terry.
    This is old school thinking like so many other outdated theories.
    I'm going with the fact that if the average human has 60,000 thoughts a day and play the same 95% of those thoughts 24/7, when we plug into something we 'truly' LOVE, we become hyper focussed AND as humans we were made to create with our minds. We do it all the time whether we are aware of it or not. We either create things that are pleasing to us or aren't. It's always our choice.
    Plus there's that other HUGE factor in that there's far more about the human mind that we DON'T know .After all, we are carrying around that huge ego which has been conditioned since we entered this world.
    Well, we like simple explanations like the left brain/right brain model. And the popular press has perpetuated the idea and continues to perpetuate it to the point that is has become accepted wisdom. But it reminds me of something H. L. Mencken once said: For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post
    To me, a true artist is one who creates from conception of an original idea through the execution of the work. I do not have that spark of originality, so my work in carving and other media is derivative or outright copied, so I consider myself an artisan or craftsman...would that put me in the classification as an art forger? Hmmm.
    Pretty much sums it up for me too.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    I'm soooo glad YOU brought this up Terry.
    This is old school thinking like so many other outdated theories.
    I'm going with the fact that if the average human has 60,000 thoughts a day and play the same 95% of those thoughts 24/7, when we plug into something we 'truly' LOVE, we become hyper focussed AND as humans we were made to create with our minds. We do it all the time whether we are aware of it or not. We either create things that are pleasing to us or aren't. It's always our choice.
    Plus there's that other HUGE factor in that there's far more about the human mind that we DON'T know .After all, we are carrying around that huge ego which has been conditioned since we entered this world.

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied
    For many years people thought camels carried extra water into the desert to survive. This was disproven back in the 40s but the belief still persists. The left brain right brain idea is another one of those persistent ideas that apparently won't die.

https://braindecoder.com/post/neil-d...yth-1120713524

https://www.livescience.com/39373-le...rain-myth.html

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0071275

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    No, I wasn't asking what art is.
    I was merely stating that since we are the creators of whatever we are creating then we have a right to call it whatever we choose. There is no right or wrong in what we make or what we call it. That's half the beauty of creating is the freedom of not being confined to rules and regulations. For the most part. We can make them up as we go.

I've had people consider me strange my entire life because I'm not like them but I take it as a compliment.

And I don't want to eat dead people due to religious beliefs. I'm not religious. It's more from the fact that I don't find them very appetizing. Sorry. Lol! There aren't many animals I eat either.
    In MY opinion, it all comes down to personal preference AND perhaps because it's against the law. LOL.

Of course our morals stem from our cultural and social beliefs .... yadda... Yadda ... Yadda..... I honestly GET what you're saying.

All I can say is I wouldn't be at the same table sharing a drink with anyone discussing eating dead people . Not now ! Not ever.
    If I'm stranded on an island and that's my only source of food then I am definitely going to die and I'm ok with that.

Anyway, like I said, this is another subject altogether , that's getting a 'tad' off topic .

Yep! You can certainly tell WE are artists!!!!

LMAO!!! Oh my ribs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X