Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spiritwolfe View Post

And your point proves what?
    Just joking.....but I know tons of people who do not use their brains at all. called follow the sheep, do what the sheep do, say what the sheep say.....now we have the computer it is worst....they can not even use a can opener. They got zombie brains....perhaps from an alien virus. Does that matter? that they do not matter? Just a point check that perhaps......says,.... run for your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Dileon View Post

Just joking.....but I know tons of people who do not use their brains at all. called follow the sheep, do what the sheep do, say what the sheep say.....now we have the computer it is worst....they can not even use a can opener. They got zombie brains....perhaps from an alien virus. Does that matter? that they do not matter? Just a point check that perhaps......says,.... run for your life.
      You have a point Dileon

Comment

Right side and left sides of human brains do different things.
        Based on fact, not fiction, studying brain-injured people.
        Those research results are published in peer-reviewed journals, not magazines.
        Anybody in the arts of any sort use right side a lot in their pursuits.
        Brian T

Comment

I retired as a Sr. Scientist and Science advisor to a president of Schlumberger. Deft hands needed. I was in High Tech not the Oil Service - our companies produced products we use all of the time, the credit card gas pump. That was an East Cost company, I worked directly in Semiconductor sector Designing Machines, Options, interfaces and such. Had to teach engineers of companies world wide how to hold a scope probe correctly to get bandwidth and waveform they should. Degree in Physics and Engineering kept me busy and flying. I was able to measure 6 femto-seconds of jitter on a device I designed for another company. The small value was needed in Digital Switches for the Television/cable/... businesses when a 144 or so of these are cascaded you don't want to start big. Setting up for that measurement took several hours. Cad big time. Getting old doesn't help the eyes or hands anymore. As one ages degree of accuracy drops. Sometimes we have more time and can refine and fix or never cut much at a time. Patience is important. Martin who is relearning an old craft and trying to skill up in spite of my age. 71.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post

Not to be argumentative, and I am far from being a physicist or mathematician, but it seems more correct to say matter is potential energy, and vice versa. Matter is not energy, but needs conversion to be energy, in my understanding, and I stand to be corrected by those more knowledgeable than I.

Ergo, my increasing belly is a result of ingesting too many calories (energy) that my body converts into matter (fat), so a growing waistline is not my fault, I blame it on that danged science!
            Way cool Arthur! Think of Einstein and one sees in their mind - Energy = Mass Times Speed of light squared. E=MC^2. So Energy is directly related to Mass. E=M C^2 the C squared simply is an 'operator' or constant value (like 12 or Pi or e ...) so it might be written Energy = Mass * x. where x = C^2.

So high level Math / science applies nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by lionslair View Post

Way cool Arthur! Think of Einstein and one sees in their mind - Energy = Mass Times Speed of light squared. E=MC^2. So Energy is directly related to Mass. E=M C^2 the C squared simply is an 'operator' or constant value (like 12 or Pi or e ...) so it might be written Energy = Mass * x. where x = C^2.

Well, Martin, translate for me! Are you agreeing or disagreeing with my statements?
              Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post

Well, Martin, translate for me! Are you agreeing or disagreeing with my statements?
                Fair question.

Comment

Yeahhhh. That’s what I was gonna say.

Comment

Arthur - I stated Way cool Arthur! - e.g. I agree and the rest is just the math / physics of what you were saying. Now consider this one :-) you the mass. You get your energy going when the frying pan is coming at you at high speed!

Comment

Arthur - I stated Way cool Arthur! - e.g. I agree and the rest is just the math / physics of what you were saying. Now consider this one :-) you the mass. You get your energy going when the frying pan is coming at you at high speed!
                      Hmmm. Well, the food (mass) that was cooked in the frying pan (mass) by burning natural gas (mass of a sort, in this context I suppose) which was converted to heat (energy) was then in turn stored in my body as mass (potential energy) was then converted into energy which moved me out of the way of the hurtling mass (frying pan). Is that what you're telling me? LOL
                      Arthur

Comment

Sounds like that mass is bound to be a mess for someone.

Tinwood

Comment

Right, nothing like a rest mass doing nothing. A mass with a warm tummy is on the way out the door or headed to a room with a door. Moving mass takes energy. Simply put fuel into truck so truck can move. Else truck stays put if the brake is on.

Comment

Great question! Great post, and great answers. And guess what? All are from wood carvers. Nuff said!
                            Tom H

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritwolfe View Post
                              Besides incredible patience , they seem more grounded and stable.
                              Would never consider myself grounded and stable.....more creative insanity and running outside the box major.

Comment

Originally posted by Dileon View Post

Would never consider myself grounded and stable.....more creative insanity and running outside the box major.
                                Never said I was either

Comment

Working...
                                X