Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basswood Carving Block Production Process

Hello Everybody,

I'm new to this forum, but I wanted to share a blog post that gives an in-depth look at the basswood carving block production process. I figured a lot of you would enjoy reading about the work that goes into it. I hope you enjoy.
    This article offers an in-depth explanation of how we produce our basswood carving blocks here at Janish Woodworks, Inc.

Welcome aboard,
    We welcome new members with information to share. Do you do any carving? We'd love to see some of your work.

I do hope you didn't join the forum just to promote your basswood. Commercial advertising of this nature is not permitted and violators will be banned. We do offer advertising opportunities in our print magazine. You can find more information about advertising in the magazine at this link: http://woodcarvingillustrated.com/ad...ing-media-kit/

Best Regards,
    Bob Duncan
    Technical Editor, Woodworking/DIY

Comment

Hi Bob,

No, I didn't join this forum to promote our products. Because we do sell basswood carving blocks, however, I thought it would be a good idea to join a forum like this to learn more about the art. I do not carve myself, but I wanted to join the forum to understand the industry better and see some of the work that carvers are doing. The more I know, the better suited I will be to serve the needs of carvers. I posted the blog because I thought people would enjoy reading about the process behind the production. I do not plan on ever advertising for my products on this forum, but rather to absorb as much as I can while also enjoying the discussions and photos of the art along the way.

Regards,

Tyler Janish

Comment

Welcome, Tyler. I think it is a great idea to have suppliers participate in an objective manner and I am glad there are guidelines. Many times we 'consumers' see only one side of the coin -- a glimpse of the other side can be helpful and interesting.
        HonketyHank toot toot

Comment

Thanks for understanding, Tyler,
          We're really careful about advertising on the forum, so I thought it best to lay out our expectations right up front. I read your blog, and it provides a lot of good information. We'd love to have someone with lumber-specific knowledge on the forum.

Best Regards,
          Bob Duncan
          Technical Editor, Woodworking/DIY

Comment

Working...
          X