Does long road trip mean no carving?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lionslair View Post
    Rest stop lunch time. Rest stop carving / relaxing time.
    Good Idea. I like it

Comment

I swear by my carving apron. I tried several designs and settled on a simple design, no pockets, just wide enough to cover my legs and long enough to go beyond my knees. The one I use most often is made of deerskin with the chest area of elk hide, to resist cuts and protect my chest. The deer hide lets the chips slide smoothly into a pile and easy to empty as the fibers of the wood chips can't catch or snag as they do with a cotton or canvas apron.

Bob
      Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

No.

Comment

I used to drive like Hello from Point A to Point B and some of those days were long ones.
          Now, I limit my drives to 250 miles/400 km. Leaves daylight carving time in the summer.
          I take only simple hand work or I'd have to haul along half my shop.
          I won't carve if I'm visiting and my host is home.

Last few trips, I did take tools and wood and didn't get a thing done at all. Didn't care.

Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post
            As far as the hotel/motel go, "It's easier to ask forgiveness than to beg for permission."
            My Dad was a freelance photographer in the late 40s and early 50s. He always said get the picture, then apologize.
            Bill
            Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
              Diane Taylor Canvas Carving Apron at Amazon. I got one to carve in the evening in the recliner, doesn't catch all the chip, but certainly helps
              Thank you. I just bought one.

Comment

Working...
              X