No announcement yet.

Show us your work area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric B: Make some crooked knives. Don't have to be expensive. Find your local farrier. Ask what they do with their worn down hoof trimming knives. Bash off the factory handles and haft your own like I did. Not tricky at all. Starting with a 7/16" chainsaw file, work the whole bevel, even the hook, down to 20 degrees. Then use fine sandpapers to finish the bevel to carving quality.
    Brian T

Comment

Well after seeing how nicely set up some of your work areas were I decided mine was a dump and needed an overhaul. Have attached a before and after photo. Took 2 full days to turn total chaos into some degree of order.

I now have trays and tool kits with all the different types of tools in them. One for pliers and cutters another for planes ets. Also mounted quite a lot on a board on the back of the bench.

It was amazing how much junk I has accumulated so I had a big toss out and got rid of a lot of it. all the older tools have been cleaned up and oiled, all the chisels have been re- ground and honed to razor sharp.

Should be a whole lot easier to find stuff now hehehehe.

All I need now is another project. Hmmmmm?? decisions , decisions.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Jennings View Post
        Well after seeing how nicely set up some of your work areas were I decided mine was a dump and needed an overhaul. Have attached a before and after photo. Took 2 full days to turn total chaos into some degree of order.

I now have trays and tool kits with all the different types of tools in them. One for pliers and cutters another for planes ets. Also mounted quite a lot on a board on the back of the bench.

It was amazing how much junk I has accumulated so I had a big toss out and got rid of a lot of it. all the older tools have been cleaned up and oiled, all the chisels have been re- ground and honed to razor sharp.

Should be a whole lot easier to find stuff now hehehehe.

All I need now is another project. Hmmmmm?? decisions , decisions.
        Good job! Is that a Hornady or Lee press at the right side of your bench?

Comment

Howdy Tbox,
          Yeah that is a LEE loading press. Got a few toys. 3x270, 7x64 Mauser, 6mm mag, 7mm X 57 Mauser, 338 win mag, 2x 30.30, Is way cheaper to feed that lot with reloaded ammo.

Comment

It's good to see you have an oriental-style rug at your bench, Glenn.

Comment

Hi Pallin
              Am watching your latest project with a lot of interest. I find it hard standing around on a concrete floor for hours on end so the rug is just great for giving a bit of a cushion to the feet and just makes things pleasanter and more comfortable all round. such a simple thing , such a big difference !!! It had goty a bit UV damaged over time so was burgaled for the workshop.

I'm thinking of breaking right out of my comfort zone for my next project. Have a deep red piece of wood type unknown that is telling me to carve a devil woman in flames. On the other side of scale Im getting images in my head of a fairy or pixie on a toadstool carved from a big piece of totara I have. Both totally different to what I might normally do. Decisions decisions Hmmmm as they say in the trade. hehehehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Jennings View Post
                Hi Pallin
                Am watching your latest project with a lot of interest. I find it hard standing around on a concrete floor for hours on end so the rug is just great for giving a bit of a cushion to the feet and just makes things pleasanter and more comfortable all round. such a simple thing , such a big difference !!! It had goty a bit UV damaged over time so was burgaled for the workshop.

I'm thinking of breaking right out of my comfort zone for my next project. Have a deep red piece of wood type unknown that is telling me to carve a devil woman in flames. On the other side of scale Im getting images in my head of a fairy or pixie on a toadstool carved from a big piece of totara I have. Both totally different to what I might normally do. Decisions decisions Hmmmm as they say in the trade. hehehehe.
                Woman in flames let me get my popcorn i want to see this ehe.

Comment

Heres my workspace since a couple of weeks past. Before the cleaning patrol cocks the hammer, it's also my kitchen/dining room so it sees alot of action so be nice ok
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi Ank
                    Well it is a lot better than mine was before I had a big clean up hehehehe Is that a guitar I see hiding away at the back. Every good home should have one hehe.

Comment

Working...
                    X