Hobbit House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobbit House

The latest email from Woodcarving Illustrated that I’ve received that advertises Christmas project books, shows a Hobbit house toward the bottom. Question: Is that a project tutorial in an upcoming issue or a past issue, or a book project like Noah’s Ark? Or is it just a highlighted project of someone’s? I’d very much like seeing that article.

Thanks for any information you can give.
    Bob

I believe this is the photo of the Hobbit house Bob is referring to. Anyone know?

Capture.JPG
    ....Dave
    Old carvers never die... they just whittle away.
    www.shellknobwoodcarvers.weebly.com

Comment

https://foxchapelpublishing.com/wood...iday-2014.html has an article on Rick Jensen carving bark houses out of cottonwood bark. Go to the third page in the preview when you scroll to the bottom.

https://foxchapelpublishing.com/wood...fall-2012.html has an article about carving bark houses. Go to the fourth page in the preview when you scroll to the bottom.

Hope that helps!

Bob L

Comment

Yes, Dave. That’s the carving I’m talking about.

Thanks for the info, Bob. But those two articles on bark carving don’t look like they include that house, although they do look interesting.

if anyone can guide me to the article or book in the image Dave posted above, I’d really appreciate it! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bladebumbler View Post
          Yes, Dave. That’s the carving I’m talking about.
          if anyone can guide me to the article or book in the image Dave posted above, I’d really appreciate it! Thanks!
          That would make two of us Bob.

Tinwood

Comment

Contact WCI customer service. Maybe they can tell you.

Bob L

Comment

Good idea! I’ll post the results whatever I find. Thanks for all the help, guys!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Bob L!

I contacted the good people of Carving Illustrated and the wonderful Kaylee responded. The Hobbit house is scheduled for a series of articles starting in the next (Spring) issue! Yay!

Comment

Working...
                X