Blinky Bill.... Please check in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinky Bill.... Please check in!

I've been watching the news and see that the New South Wales area of Australia is going through some rough times with wild fires. I haven't seen Blinky Bill post anything in a while. We hope that you're okay John! You're in our thoughts!

The whole continent is burning. Fire winds can roll a 10-ton truck (driver killed).
    What I see in NSW is creeping south along the coast. The main coastal highway is closed.
    People are fleeing to the beaches and into the ocean.

Have we any detail about where Blinky Bill is located?
    Brian T

Comment

We get news daily, they have been major burning for awhile. I have seen lots of people on the beaches ....the whole island is a mess. Although a very low death toll...so far. _110358107_all_fires_31_dec_976-nc.png

Comment

My son, wife and grandchildren are in Brisbane. Saw them on skype the other night (day there). The are ok and got some rain.

Rob Robison

Comment

According to his profile he is near Bendigo. There is not so much danger around there at the moment.

Comment

The last package I mailed him went to Bridgewater On Loddon about 20-miles northwest of Bendigo.

Comment

Firefighters battle grass fire in Bendigo, Victoria

https://www.news.com.au/national/fir...b276e38b48d510

Comment

Gee, I haven't followed the news enough to understand how bad it is down there. I hope he is Ok and hopefully he will check in when he can. Bad times down there. Sad to hear.
                Bill
                Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

WOW!!
                  Thanks for your concern friends, but I am well and safe, the area where I live is flat and mainly crop growing area, no forest to speak of and harvest being over for the year so not much in the way of fuel, although we do have the occasional stubble fires, we are fairly safe here in our little town of Bridgewater on Loddon..
                  A recent windstorm damaged 70 metres of wooden fencing between my property and the neighbors
                  and I have been digging out fence posts and removing the damaged fence in preparation for the contractors to erect a new fence next week, which is why I haven't been on here much lately. Bush-fires are unfortunately a part of summer in Australia but I believe they are worse since introducing laws to prevent the burning of undergrowth and removal of dead-falls...... Again, I want to thank everyone for their concern and assure you all that Blinky Bill is OLD but alive and kicking and wishing everyone a Healthy, Happy, and Safe New Year.
                  Kindest Regards

John

Comment

Originally posted by Blinky Bill View Post
                    WOW!!
                    Thanks for your concern friends, but I am well and safe, the area where I live is flat and mainly crop growing area, no forest to speak of and harvest being over for the year so not much in the way of fuel, although we do have the occasional stubble fires, we are fairly safe here in our little town of Bridgewater on Loddon..
                    A recent windstorm damaged 70 metres of wooden fencing between my property and the neighbors
                    and I have been digging out fence posts and removing the damaged fence in preparation for the contractors to erect a new fence next week, which is why I haven't been on here much lately. Bush-fires are unfortunately a part of summer in Australia but I believe they are worse since introducing laws to prevent the burning of undergrowth and removal of dead-falls...... Again, I want to thank everyone for their concern and assure you all that Blinky Bill is OLD but alive and kicking and wishing everyone a Healthy, Happy, and Safe New Year.
                    Kindest Regards

John
                    John... You don't know how relieved I am. I was worrying about you my friend. Glad that all is well.

Comment

I am so glad that you are well. I know that my son in Brisbane was without internet for a bit. Was worried that you lost that as well.

Rob

Comment

Working...
                      X