Where you from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where you from?

I am from the Central Coast, and far as I know there are no other wood carvers, then today I was on the phone to WCI, to see when I might get my new magazine, and I asked if anyone in my zip code took it, and I was told yes, but of course they could not tell me who. and not sure what I can post here. anyone have any ideas?

Welcome. WCI has a global membership. Every continent has a "central coast."
    Can you be a little more specific ?????????
    Brian T

Comment

I lack Arthur’s patience, Santa Cruse to Santa Barbara California.

Ed
      https://www.etsy.com/shop/HiddenInWood
      Local club
      https://www.facebook.com/CentralNebraskaWoodCarvers

Comment

It would be helpful if folks would list their general or specific location in their profiles. We used to do that more often than I see it nowadays. I think there’s some old old postings that asked this question and got quite a number of specific responses. Good luck with your quest!
        From Missouri

Comment

• Donna_T
          Donna_T commented
          Editing a comment
          Further thought: WCI has a directory of carving clubs listed by the state. Sometimes you can contact a club nearest to where you live and find out if there are members in your neighborhood/nearby and put you in touch with them if you’re wanting to network for carving purposes. Also, not to tout another media, you might follow a Facebook topic of carving interest and find someone posting that lives nearby. On this forum, you could post that you’re from whatever specific geographical area and wanting to network with any carvers from your area, specifically interested in what kinds of carving. That way they can respond to your posting.

Donna T is absolutely correct. This question (and/or idea or suggestion) has been surfacing for years, mostly like since Issue #1. I remember it being voiced many times on the old WCI Forum.

Comment

Di lives on the island where they throw virgins into the volcano, the goddess Pele rules the lands, where killer coconuts that fall out of trees and knock people flat, and locals who chase tourists around with baseball bats because they do not wear a mask. Oh, yea, we have not thrown anyone in the volcano in the last 50 years can't find any virgins... I live on maka windward side...as far as location.
          Last edited by Dileon; 01-30-2021, 10:34 AM.

Comment

The California Central Coast is served by the California Carvers Guild, so if you're looking for local chapters or individual carvers you might start with their website:

CCG Main Page (cacarversguild.org)

Bear in mind that many carvers are not affiliated with any organization.

Comment

Central Gulf Coast of the USA has a number of clubs,from Louisiana to the Florida panhandle.
              We live in the land of the free because of the brave!

https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Louisville, Kentucky, The Falls Cities W0od Carving Guild. Club has been in existence for approximatly 45 years.

Comment

I live in the little village of McBride at 53N in the upper Fraser River valley. The district is called the Robson Valley as we are about an hour west of Mt Robson (13,000'). A couple of First Nations carvers, a rustic furniture shop and some people building furniture with dimension lumber.
                  My place is to the right (north) edge of the village. All the carving wood that I should ever hope to use is harvested in sight in this picture.
                  Robson McBride.jpg
                  Brian T

Comment

That was spring. You can see the Fraser, up in the bushes and running very dirty. Probably June as the big melt will have started up top and the aspen tree leaves are still that pale yellow-green.
                    This is winter, I think maybe a mile or less upstream.
                    EARLY WINTER.jpg
                    Brian T

Comment

Maryland is my location in a small Town of Smithsburg , about Population of about 2000 People , a Restaurant ,Barber Shop , and a Few small Stores , Police Force of 4 , Oh ! and a Graveyard ,where I Test all my Walking Sticks and Canes . Very Lay Back and Peaceful . Merle

Comment

Kualoa-Ranch-Jurassic-friend-cropped.jpg10-jurassic-park.jpgI live just down the road from where they filmed Jurassic park....just look for the dinosaurs. Just in case you want to know which coast it is...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Dileon; 01-30-2021, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I am in Lompoc, CA

Comment

Originally from Northern VA or as the rest of Virginia calls it, Occupied Virginia. I am currently, for the past 29 year, residing in North Carolina. Northern Piedmont in a small city named Winston-Salem. The best place you never heard of. Home of Texas Pete and a combustible tobacco product named after an animal from the mid-east with a hump.
                            https://www.triadwoodcarvers.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X