Stocking Up For The Summer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stocking Up For The Summer!

It's 1030 hours and the temperature is already made it's way up to 84 with the humidity almost as high. One more short cool down predicted between now and Easter Sunday but the chances are that after that cooling fronts will get scarcer than hen's teeth. This is the time of year when I start stocking up on projects that I think I might want to tackle over the really hot summer months. Yesterday I printed out patterns and glued them to the appropriate stock. Tomorrow when it gets a bit cooler I'll take them out to the shed and use my power saws to separate some and rough out others. I still have a few more ideas that I need to work on but I need to get my tail in gear because in another month it will be just to dang miserable in that aluminum shed to spend much time
    out there doing woodworking.
    DSC00160.JPG

Lotsa good projects there, Eddie.
    Herb

Comment

Funny, we are headed into the 80’s next week and I’m think the carving season is about to wrap up for awhile. Good luck and have fun with your projects.
      Ed
      https://www.etsy.com/shop/HiddenInWood https://www.facebook.com/CentralNebraskaWoodCarvers

Comment

Our biggest hope here right now would have to be 2 days in a row above freezing!
        That and nobody dies in a spring avalanche.
        1/4 sheet of paper is a 2-column list of all the unfinished carvings around my shop. Nothing new.
        Brian T

Comment

Gee, I've never seen a caricature carving of Gandhi before.

Comment

Nice projects forthcoming, Eddy. Weather here is cool in the winter (30's at night) and 70's during the days through the summer. No worry about severe cold, but humidity is way up there.
            Bill
            Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Good luck Eddy, ...... don't have those kind of problems up here. I've see it snow in the middle of May in years past . The lawns haven't even started to turn green yet
              Wayne
              If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Our weather is kind of like a rolly coaster, mid-40's-low 70's. Looks like it going to be a dry one in NV again

About the only thing, the weather causes me anymore is the utility bill
                Last edited by joepaulbutler; 03-31-2021, 03:46 PM.
                . . .JoeB

Comment

White-Out! Too dangerous to snowmobile any further and break off a cornice or drive over a cliff.
                  There are huge holes under the big spruce that you can dig in to for shelter.
                  Hungry night but warm and watered.
                  Can you see the guy, Overnight II.jpg away back behind the fire?
                  Brian T

Comment

That's a great idea Eddy! It's cold and wet here in New Jersey. But I surmise we'll see some heat and humidity in a month or so.

BobL

Comment

Nice group of projects Eddy. We were 80 yesterday and going down to 35 in the morning. One last bit of cool before the on slot of heat, humidity and hurricanes.
                      We live in the land of the free because of the brave!

https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Originally posted by pallin View Post
                        Gee, I've never seen a caricature carving of Gandhi before.
                        And you may never see one again! Like I told someone recently on a Facebook . A carver is some one who is an artist and knows exactly how his carving will turn out before the steel ever touches it. A whittler ( I am) is someone who has a rough idea what they want but is happy with anything they get!

Comment

Originally posted by Nebraska View Post
                          Funny, we are headed into the 80’s next week and I’m think the carving season is about to wrap up for awhile. Good luck and have fun with your projects.
                          The thing is, here on the central coast of Florida you can carve outdoors all winter but come late spring everything comes inside unless you want a case of heat stroke and mosquito bites.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian T View Post
                            White-Out! Too dangerous to snowmobile any further and break off a cornice or drive over a cliff.
                            There are huge holes under the big spruce that you can dig in to for shelter.
                            Hungry night but warm and watered.
                            Can you see the guy, Overnight II.jpg away back behind the fire?
                            Sorry Brian! I don't do snow! Haven't for 50 years. Found out what warm weather was like in South East Asia and have never looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                              Nice group of projects Eddy. We were 80 yesterday and going down to 35 in the morning. One last bit of cool before the on slot of heat, humidity and hurricanes.
                              Oh my goodness! Did you have to mention that "H" word? It's bad enough that the local weather forecasters are drooling at the mouth waiting on the National Weather Service to issue this year's predictions!

Comment

Working...
                              X