Did not know where to show this..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did not know where to show this..

I did not do this .. I saw it on another site WOW, .
    Happy new year to all
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

If you have no info to share such as the carver, wood, or methods, just post a link.

Comment

Phil, what dose it hurt for this post, I'm courious
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Chuck, I do not think this is wood, although I can not look up close on this photo. It major looks like fired white clay the design, the smooth white surface. I wish that I could comment...but the theme reminded me so much of the drunk tourist here trying to get a photo with our endangered species turtles with no respect and major illegal, that the theme,... turned me off right away. So put tape on Di,s mouth before I go on a rant about it all...smile.

Besides the post although ....great to get to know you on this carving forum. You also have a warm cozy New Years' eve. and stay safe. I have the belief that you can post anything you want on here. We all have our own opinions to share with others...and that is what makes this forum special that all of us have a right to express our thoughts and share. We can agree to disagree ...knowing that my opinion may not serve others. The world would sure be boring if we were all alike. Happy New Years
        . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Originally posted by DiLeon View Post
          Chuck, I do not think this is wood, although I can not look up close on this photo. It major looks like fired white clay the design, the smooth white surface. I wish that I could comment...but the theme reminded me so much of the drunk tourist here trying to get a photo with our endangered species turtles with no respect and major illegal, that the theme,... turned me off right away. So put tape on Di,s mouth before I go on a rant about it all...smile.

Besides the post although ....great to get to know you on this carving forum. You also have a warm cozy New Years' eve. and stay safe. I have the belief that you can post anything you want on here. We all have our own opinions to share with others...and that is what makes this forum special that all of us have a right to express our thoughts and share. We can agree to disagree ...knowing that my opinion may not serve others. The world would sure be boring if we were all alike. Happy New Years
          Yeah you have a point I did look at the rest of the carving at different angles and it did appear to be carved, but now you guys have me wondering and trying to re-find it on tha other site as you know FB moves fast. Sorry if I did it?
          Chuck
          Chuck

Comment

Do not be sorry....ever!!! I just pointed it out, because I am the queen of posting things on here that I thought were real and find out it been photoshopped to the max, or better yet someone pointed something out and found it was not a real carving. You do not have to do a search even...I was puzzled by the color, way it is cut...as looked like clay vs. wood. I would not even do a search if I was you....these post also get buried fast...thank goodness. I tried to do a search on Facebook for something the other day...... it was senseless wasted time. Any take care and have a good day .... Di

Comment

Originally posted by DiLeon View Post
              Do not be sorry....ever!!! I just pointed it out, because I am the queen of posting things on here that I thought were real and find out it been photoshopped to the max, or better yet someone pointed something out and found it was not a real carving. You do not have to do a search even...I was puzzled by the color, way it is cut...as looked like clay vs. wood. I would not even do a search if I was you....these post also get buried fast...thank goodness. I tried to do a search on Facebook for something the other day...... it was senseless wasted time. Any take care and have a good day .... Di
              OH yes my friend and in that lQQk that I saw when I was observing this, now I wish I had taken all 4 angles of the Turtle Gal. But I have seen some absolutely smooth carvings and finishes that look like clay or glass too.
              I have been soooo into my Dancers and my neck is stiff trying to get the faces made up. This is no where near it is in NOW condition, actual size is @6 inches high and the guys hair is almost done . When done they will be just touching the floor with their feet. Cheers Chuck
              The dancers4.jpg
              Chuck

Comment

Caricature would have been ok, but so is General. Nothing to worry about. That's going to be an interesting carving when finished.

Claude
                My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Originally posted by NoDNA View Post

I have been soooo into my Dancers and my neck is stiff trying to get the faces made up. This is no where near it is in NOW condition, actual size is @6 inches high and the guys hair is almost done . When done they will be just touching the floor with their feet. Cheers Chuck
                  The dancers4.jpg
                  What an awesome carving when it is finished!!
                  Last edited by DiLeon; 01-03-2022, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Hi Chuck,
                    This is where things get interesting. I don't see this as a problem but as the sharing of an idea most of us would never have thought of.

My immediate thought after seeing it was what else could be done in a similar vein and images of a mermaid on a sea horse or being towed by a dolphin came to mind.

So for something posted to promote dicussion and appreciation of an art form it has achieved its purpose admirably.

Have to agree with dileon on the drunk tourist. Some people have no respect for anything.

Comment

Chuck, someone made turtle soup of your thread???? the turtle and the naked woman both took a hike!!!!! LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X