X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave_from_Toronto
    replied
    Re: Carousel Horses

I've done a number of miniature (11-12" long) carousel horses (posted on Carvers_R_Us). I got my patterns from a book by Jerry Reinhardt - "Carving Miniature Carousel Horses - Country Fair Style". Another great reference is a book entitled "Painted Ponies - American Carousel Art". I've got this from the library a number of times and it is available on ebay. It's one of the best references on the subject that I have seen.

What size are you carving?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Woodenleg, did you get that email with the drawings and pics?

Al

Leave a comment:

• woodenleg
    replied

Thanks Al. I looked all over the site and did not find what I am looking forward to. I would appreciate whatever you can send me. Thanks.

My email addy is:

[email protected]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

The L.S. Irish site had a whole series of carousel figure patterns on their free stuff. If they don't still have them, give me your email, and I'll send copies to you. what style horse is it? WCI also had an article on carving a carousel horse WAY back....maybe that was Wood Magazine....I got that somewhare too.

Al

Leave a comment:

• woodenleg
    replied

I saw the picture trail examples, but was not allowed to print them. So, I simply looked at them for a while. I'll take a look at the carousel site. Thanks very much.

Leave a comment:

• jamesfa
    replied

if you check the picturetrail site

http://www.picturetrail.com/carvers-R-us
    one of the group posted some pictures of carousel horses.the smaller variety.
    Frank

Leave a comment:

• Randy48
    replied

I've been planning on doing a horse for awhile when I get the time. Here's a website with alot of information carousel horses, you should be able to get some help here. http://carouselmagic.com/index.htm

Leave a comment:

• woodenleg
    started a topic Carousel Horses

Carousel Horses

I have a lovely friend who went out of his way to get me a nice Christmas present: a cutout for a carousel horse. Unfortunately he got a really good deal when he bought it, and it came without any directions, pictures, etc. I have never done one before and have no clue what to do. I could buy a book, but wondered if there is anyway I can get a simple line drawing that would show the jest of what I need to do. If not, I'll just wing it and see how it comes out. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

I wasn't sure which forum to put this in, so I simply selected this one.
Working...
X