Group Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Group Project

Well, finally home and attempting to get back to normal. I have 5 weeks of mail waiting, including a whole bunch of packages containing carvings for the HILLBILLY REUNION. As soon as I separate the bills to be paid, I'll open these packages, photograph the contents along with the name of the carver. These will be for a record. I'll send the photos to Goody and we'll take it to the next level. Some where in the process I'll post a description of the carvings that I have received.

Anyone still wishing to contribute a carving is more than welcome. The more the merrier!

Thanks, for your patience!

Tom H
    http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Back and forth to town and the post office yielded the following carvings for the HILLBILLY REUNION..

Jug Blower - Jeff Bailey
      Cow - M. Sullivan
      Lady Wood Splitter - Gene Messer
      Banjo Player - Tom Ellis
      Dog and Six Pups - Wayne Smith
      Standing Man - Herb Johnson
      Two Cats - Beian Rickman

Thanks guys,

Tom H

Comment

I have a little rooster for you, sitting atop my TV so my dog doesn't eat it! I will bring it to you next week. Welcome home!

Comment

Originally posted by Claude View Post
          It might be difficult to carve a real hillbilly barbeque...
          Claude
          You sure your not over the boarder in West Virginia? The one I seen there was still up on its wheels with a 5 gallon paint bucket it.
          Goody

Comment

Regretfully I have to bow out of this group project. I have been in and out of the hospital a few times over the last weeks and don't have energy to do anything. Hopefully I can get in on the next group project.

Comment

I hoped that my mouth harp player would be there in time for your return, but it seems that Canada is farther than I though...

It should be there before the end of April if you're lucky.

Gilles

Comment

Terry (brushpile), Sorry to hear, but take care of yourself, and mend up fast. I have an idea that this project may signal the start of additional scenes. So we'll look forward to seeing you participate then..

Take care,

Tom H

Comment

I have to express that i have been pretty worthless of a contributor to this hillbilly carve folks, the subject matter is my favorite, but with these health issues i have.
                  i only occupy a carving cognizant mind only occasionally, in the last year ive lost so much muscle mass due to health , its like learning all over again, to carve,
                  Sorry not to have contributed to this one, i sure want to.
                  I have some sketches posted on picasa [link]
                  that might help some of you as to subjects doing things the hillbilly way, feel free to use the sketches, as i will be adding more as soon as i get them done

the carvings so far received by tom h look to be top shelve from what i seen!

Comment

Originally posted by brushpilecarvings View Post
                    Regretfully I have to bow out of this group project. I have been in and out of the hospital a few times over the last weeks and don't have energy to do anything. Hopefully I can get in on the next group project.
                    BrushPile: I am so very sorry to hear about your attempts to stimulate the global economy by going to the hospital...

What did you sign up to carve? Can I provide any help in supplementing the scene for you?

LMiller

Comment

Originally posted by LMiller View Post
                      BrushPile: I am so very sorry to hear about your attempts to stimulate the global economy by going to the hospital...

What did you sign up to carve? Can I provide any help in supplementing the scene for you?

LMiller

I was going to carve a few animals. Back issues of WCI had patterns for barnyard animals and a goat I was going to carve.

Comment

A review of past WCI Forum posts and the posts on the blog, we kind of agreed to the end Of April as a due date for the carvings to be sent to me for collection/assembly into the first display. I believe I have carvings from 8 members at this time. I do have enough carvings to begin to "see" what a fantastic display we'll have. I do know that quite a few members have completed carvings that they have yet to send. I am looking forward to receiving them and working with Goody and Thomp to begin to fit them into a scene.

Thank You,

Tom H

Comment

Originally posted by brushpilecarvings View Post
                          I was going to carve a few animals. Back issues of WCI had patterns for barnyard animals and a goat I was going to carve.
                          Gulp! I may not be capable of helping there! I will give it a shot, but doubt my contributions would enhance the scene.

LMiller

Comment

I have the Cow-a-Socky hillbilly motorcycle about 90% complete, I am going to try to get her complete and painted this weekend. Kinda fun, but I don't ever remember my wife looking at a carving and circuling her ear with her finger before. That don't sound good, does it? Earl

Comment

Originally posted by Tom-H View Post
                              A review of past WCI Forum posts and the posts on the blog, we kind of agreed to the end Of April as a due date for the carvings to be sent to me for collection/assembly into the first display. I believe I have carvings from 8 members at this time. I do have enough carvings to begin to "see" what a fantastic display we'll have. I do know that quite a few members have completed carvings that they have yet to send. I am looking forward to receiving them and working with Goody and Thomp to begin to fit them into a scene.

Thank You,

Tom H
                              I myself am waiting to see what Goody and Tom H and Thomp come up so I can get started carving the scene if they still want me too. I will also have to work with Ashby on the pattern that I can follow. Sounds like a good challenge. Can't wait!
                              Ron&Pal

Comment

Originally posted by Tom-H View Post
                                ... I do know that quite a few members have completed carvings that they have yet to send. ...
                                Tom H
                                Tom:
                                Just put my carvings in the mail yesterday.

Claude
                                My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                                My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                                My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                                My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Working...
                                X