Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-2 Tool Steel

Help,

Any of you know of a source for tools of D-2 tool steel? My internet is spotty, so have trouble staying on line.

Carl

Re: D-2 Tool Steel

Try McMasterCarr until you can find a cheaper place.

McMaster-Carr

Bob L

Comment

Google Jantz supply if you can stay online. They supply knife makers and have D2 along with other popular knife making steel. (440C for example.) I've ordered from them and their catalog is worth the price. I'm not associated with them in any way other than being a customer.

Comment

Try McMaster-Carr (562) 463-4277.

That's where I order steel from when I need it

Comment

Jantz Supply - Your source for knifemaking!

Dave

Comment

I always get my steel from McMaster Carr otherwise when I can I have my uncle get it through his workplace at a big machine shop, they are constantly ordering all kinds of special steels. Maybe look around see who you know who does metal working or look for local machine shops they could always have suitable small offcuts and scraps for making knives and tools from.
            Carl

Comment

Carl
              Also try www.texasknife.com
              For making my knives I use a less expensive steel namely 1095 it can be hardened to rockwell 61. I think this is ideal. Jantz and Texas Knife produce great catalogs for mailing and you can request one either on line or for Texas knife 888-461-8632 for Jantz 1-800-351-8900.

Comment

Working...
              X