DIY Camo Dip Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Camo Dip Kit

I am a wildlife carver and have had quite a few requests for camo finishes on my work. Has anyone tried this camo dipping kit - Camo Dip Kit - Do It Yourself Water Transfer Camo Dip Kit .

I like the concept compared to airbrushing camo, or using a camo decal.

Re: DIY Camo Dip Kit

anyone......

Comment

Never tried that - seems interesting though, I tend just to 'wing it' with my painting.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fish View Post
        I am a wildlife carver and have had quite a few requests for camo finishes on my work. Has anyone tried this camo dipping kit - Camo Dip Kit - Do It Yourself Water Transfer Camo Dip Kit .

I like the concept compared to airbrushing camo, or using a camo decal.

Have you done any research on the "dip" method of paint transfer???
        This has been done for a long time on paper...look at antique books, that random pattern is a dip transfer of some kind.
        Not sure what kind of google string to search for...info is out there....

Comment

I make game calls, predator and duck calls. On rare occasions I have requests for the camo dipped versions. I don't do it myself, I send it to a friend that has the business. After talking to him, and watching the process, I decided that a new process isn't for me. The price he charges is about $10 per call, and I have no expense in equipment or time in learning the process. A mistake on a game call and I am out an hour and a few dollars in materials, a mistake on a carving, I am out a lot of time, another reason I let the experts have at it.

Comment

We did a few duck calls - turned out real nice. I think one dip kit would do 25-35 calls...

Comment

going to try it on a wooden gun stock now...

Comment

Cool.
                What pattern are you going to use? Please post photo if you can.
                Greg

Comment

2Fish,
                  I have never tried this myself, but I have several firearms that have been camo dipped with the water transfer method with good results.

Please post your results and let us know the procedure!

Comment

Yes I would recommend this kit. We have been very pleased with the results...

Comment

we went with the multicam dip kit

Comment

I shoot birds. If it flies it dies. Gimmea flying target and hold my beer.
                        That slup-on camo film finish is really slippery, cold and dry.
                        I would not have that stuff, clever or not, on any shotgun (12) I own.

I think that it looks fabulous on anything. But at 4AM, 15F, it's like grease.
                        Brian T

Comment

Working...
                        X