Congrats Teri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Teri

The Cover Artist of the "other" carving magazine--wow! It looks great!!!

Bob

Re: Congrats Terri

Terri, congrats on the cover and your inside picture porfolio, great job as always.

Bob D., your support towards carving is just fantastic, being the first in line to promote this thread to Terri is a real indication of your leadership, dedication to carving, and willingness to reach out to us all. Thanks a million for your efforts at WCI and the board.

Comment

Re: Congrats Terri

I just saw it on the weekend, congratulations Terri! Looks great!

Comment

Re: Congrats Teri

Aw, thanks, Bob and everyone else. What an honor it was to be asked to be the "Cover Artist". I've just been so very very lucky in all of this. I can't carve fast enough to keep up with demand, and every day I wonder why I get to be so blessed like this. I'm not that great a carver and am certainly not as "sane" as had been hoped by those who raised me.

I got a call the other day from a woman who had opened an art gallery last year and now wants to carry my work. We talked awhile, and discovered we had very similar backgrounds and were now each living out dreams we never thought possible. She used a phrase to describe the magic of how we ended up arriving at that phone call, making a connection and surely starting a new friendship as well as working relationship:

She said it's just what happens "When Prayers Collide".

I like that.

Thanks, friends.

Teri

Comment

Congratulations Teri well deserved although I havent seen the article as I dont subscribe to that magazine. I will see if I can find one at Chapters but I know without reading it, that is will be great. You have been quiet for a while nice to see you on the board again.
          Hugs
          Colin
          Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
          Jackson, MS

Comment

Congratulations, Teri! The cover is terrific, as are the pictures inside, as are ALL of your carvings!! Pictures just don't do justice to how beautifully they are painted, you are an expert at that!! I'm happy for you girlfriend!! Callynne

Comment

Teri,
              It couldn't have happened to a nicer or more deserving person. Your carving (and paintings) are so totally original and so "yours." It's about time a talented female carver like you gets the recognition you so richly deserve. We're so proud to know you--and so appreciate all the encouragement and sharing of carving expertise you've provided to us here.

Donna T

PS How come you're still listed as from Pennsylvania? Or is Washington a suburb of PA?
              From Missouri

Comment

Teri,
                As your main critic and supporter, I am continually impressed by the progression of your art.

Rick

Comment

Well done Terri. Life seems to have a way of balancing the highs and lows that we recieve, I am so glad that you are recieving the credit and aclaim that you deserve. You do wonderful work Terri, and your work is a great motivator to others. Congratulations.

Bob
                  Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

I don't have mine yet UnHappy IT'S NOT FAIR.

Comment

Originally posted by Teri Embrey

She said it's just what happens "When Prayers Collide".

Sounds like a title for one of your future carvings??

Congratulations!

Greg

Comment

Congratulations Teri! Excellent work as always.
                        When I cut myself, I bleed sawdust!
                        Please view my carving website and blog site: http://3crosseswoodcarving.com
                        My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/3CrossesWoodcarving
                        My Email: [email protected]
                        My Face book Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/3Cros...g/267742984970

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/3CrWoodcarving
                        My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/garymcdaniel

Comment

I'm one of your "bookmarked the web site and often visits" fans. I'll look for the magazine.
                          Congrats Teri, you're an inspiration.
                          Thor
                          Steve

Comment

Thanks to all of you (even Rick, who continues to keep me humble). You're right, Greg - you just might see something like "when prayers collide" ending up in one of my pieces :-)

Teri

Comment

What issue was that in I went to Chapters yesterday and they only have issue #11 is that the latest issue? Being here in the frozen north the dog team is sometimes a little slow.
                              Colin
                              Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
                              Jackson, MS

Comment

Working...
                              X