Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A yearly cane

Hey everyone,
    There's been talk of putting together a cane every year and auctioning it off for a charity. We're willing to handle all the logistics again, and are making plans to actually provide basswood blanks this time. Is anyone interested?

We're came up with the idea of doing a "themed" cane, so be sure to vote for your favorite. If you have a suggested not listed there, click on the "None of These" button and write your suggestion in here.

I'll start collecting private messages from people who'd like to contribute after we decide on the theme, if any.

As far as timing, right now up through Christmas seems to be a good buying season, so we're shooting to have the 2006 auction around the same time. If you have any feedback on that, please let me know. If we plan on auctioning it off at a certian time from the start, we can all rest easier <grin>

Bob
    Holiday
    0%
    Nautical
    0%
    Outdoors
    0%
    International
    0%
    None of These
    0%

Re: A yearly cane

Hello BobD! I think that is a great idea and feel as though it would probably bring quite a bit on an e-bay auction. Please keep us posted on the plans!!!

vacaricature carver

Comment

Sounds like a good idea.

A Holiday based cane would probably be the most marketable. Especially if it is a Christmas or Saint Nicholas Day cane with a number of St. Nicks etc.

Comment

That was one of our first thoughts...since you can carve the Jolly Old Elf himself, elves, reindeer, or even get wacky and carve something from the Island of Misfit toys, etc...

But I don't want to be too limiting...you want to carve what you like!

Bob

Comment

great idea Bob count me in for sure as for the theme I am good with what everyone else thinks is good. I can relate that the Christmas theme is probably the best the reason is there are so many people that collect Santa"s.
          Colin
          Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
          Jackson, MS

Comment

Sounds like a great idea! Count me in Bob.
            GaryMc

Comment

great idea count me in to

Comment

great idea bob
                count me in to carve any thing you guys come up with . let me know when and how

just old jim

Comment

I'd be interested in contibuting to a Holiday themed cane.

How many extra "screw up" blocks do we get?

Comment

I would love to help. I've never done anything like this, but as it is for charity, I'll put forth my best efforts, and hope my work will measure up.
                    Whatever theme is decided, I'm in favor of. I have no idea what would be the most popular theme for sale.
                    Thor
                    Steve

Comment

Christmas? Bah-hum-bug.

Island of misfit toys? Humfph

Just kidding, why not; count me in.

Comment

It sounds like a great idea Bob. I will put my best effort into it. Ron

Comment

Never done anything like this before, but I'll try as well. I hope you guys do give out the blanks, cause I'D be sure to mangle whatever I was drilling! Sarcastic

Sabrina

Comment

Would love to get involved in the next cane project, please logged me down and I'm open for what ever cane project the group selects.

Comment

bobd

count me in i will do a block or two just let me know.
                              bart

Comment

Working...
                              X