Crum...this is going to hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crum...this is going to hurt

THIS IS MY 218 TH CARVING AND OF THE 218 THIS BY FAR WAS THE HARDEST TO CARVE. I HAVE EVEN STARTED TALKING TO MY SELF BECAUSE OF THIS CARVING. WHEN DRILLING A HOLE THROUGH THE LEG TO STRENGTHEN IT , IT BLEW APART SO HAD TO REPLACE IT . I FIRST HAD THE ARM HOLDING THE HAT IN THE AIR....IT COVERED PART OF THE FACE SO I CUT IT OFF AND LOWERED IT (ARM ) IT COVERED SOME DETAILS ON THE CARVING I THOUGHT WAS IMPORTANT. SO i CUT IT OFF AGAIN ,SO THE TAIL GOT TO BE HELD. BUT I FOUND OUT IT MADE THE COWBOY MORE SOLID.

JIM Q

Re: Crum...this is going to hurt

Fantastic carving Jim; with all those details it's little wonder you started talking to yourself . I see from your post that you keep track of how many carvings you have done, but do keep track of the number of hours you would put into something like the above carving? Just curious............
    Wayne
    If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Soggy,
      I had a lot of things going on in my life while carving the cow boy and bull. So could not spend the time wanted on carving . but this one took about 2 months, that's not every day some times I could not work on it for a week or so.
      Thank you for your comments.

Comment

that is a great carving. It has lots of movement.
        The face on the bull was great. Lots of good things on this carving.
        Carl

Comment

With all the trouble you experienced working on this carving you ended up with a master piece. Love it . Ginny

Comment

Your work brings a smile to my face. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Awesome!!!! If you were to sell that item what would you have to have?

Comment

Jim,

This is a most excellent carving. I love the carving, the story, the presentation. It came together really good.

Safe Carving and God Bless,

Mark

Comment

Great carving. I especially like the bull and the cowboys expression -- and a lot of other things too.
                  Joe

Comment

Crum...this is going to hurt

Lovely piece of work. Well done.
                    Rodster
                    https://rodster.ca

Comment

Originally posted by neb View Post
                      Awesome!!!! If you were to sell that item what would you have to have?
                      i ONLY SOLD ONE CARVING, IT WAS FOR MY SON'S NEIGHBOR. SHE ASKED ME TO CARVE A GOLFER FOR HER HUSBANDS BIRTHDAY AND THAT SHE WANTED TO MAKE IT SPECIAL. AND SHE WOULD PAY ME . i CARVED IT AND PRESENTED IT TO HER AT MY SONS HOUSE . AHH SHE LOVED IT, SHE REACHED IN HER PURSE AND TOOK OUT $4.00 AND SLIPPED IT IN MY HAND AND SAID THANK YOU HE WILL LOVE IT. HAVE NOT SOLD ONE SINCE. i DID NOT WANT TO CAUSE SCENE WITH THE GRANDKIDS THERE. NOW... i GIVE THEM AWAY TO FRIENDS AND AND SONS.

Comment

Well done. Great action and expression. By the way, it's ok to talk to yourself. Arguing with yourself is also ok..provided you win the argument.

Dan

Comment

WELL SINCE I HAVE BEEN TALKING TO MY SELF.....I FIND MY SELF ANSWERING MY SELF...WHAT HAS ME WORRIED LAST TIME i TALKED TO MY SELF ...THEN ANSWERED MY SELF....I SAID HUH WHAT DID YOU SAY.......... WHATS WITH THAT......LOL

Comment

Looks like # 218 is a keeper,nice carving Jim.

Comment

Ya done good! Wow, it kinda made my head hurt reading what all you went thru on
                              this. It turned out a real beauty and I can just feel all the action of this piece.

Comment

Working...
                              X