Almost Famous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Almost Famous

Nice carving. You made the right call on the project. I probably wouldn't have been very nice to deal with when they started jerking me around. Just not enough time left to tolerate that kind of B.S.
    Garon

Comment

I'd say you must already be famous Mike, or they wouldn't have come looking for you. You are famous around here anyway.
      Nice job on the head by the way.

Tom
      If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Mike,

In my book you are already famous. You really turn out some tremendous carvings. My carvings were once famous or did they say infamous. lol,

Safe Carving and God Bless,

Mark

Comment

Great carving Mike, I have printed the pic off to help me on my own efforts at faces/heads. You have the lines crisp and clear, the detail perfect in perspectives. Well done. I'll learn from these pics.

A nice honour to be invited to provide the props, but not worth the hassle. Yer already famous here!

Bob
          Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Mike too bad non carvers really don't understand what it takes to make a decent carving. Your carving is beautiful, Ginny.

Comment

Nice work!

Send them to a 3D printing house. In my line of work over tight deadlines are unfortunately the norm.

Comment

I've been a fan of your work for quite some time now, so as far as I'm concerned, you're pretty darn famous right here in the WCI forum.

Comment

Ha!I 'm more like a "familiar face". My main disappointment was in not being able to complete the job as I intended. And I let my excitement over the project bypass some rules I try to follow for commissioned work:
                  a. make sure expectations and design of the project are clearly understood and in writing before giving a price.
                  b. don't begin the work until recieving at least 50% of total price.

But I gained some valuable experience also. I got a big boost to my confidence because of the carver who recommended me is someone I admire greatly. And I was able to produce something I was pleased with, in a short period, and knowing that I could have completed the job as originally specifed. I have found that the challenges of contests, such as time limits, subject constraints, and some of the requirements of commissioned pieces for customers, have forced me to improve my carvings in different ways. It is interesting to have to design a carving that satisfies me and the customer's vision. The customer is always right....but I may not always be the right carver! Nothing wrong with saying no sometimes. But that can be hard to do, for me. I grew up believing that I could achieve almost anything if I worked at it hard enough, that anything was possible if I wanted it bad enough. But I've also learned that just because you can do something, doesn't mean you always should. There is always another carving just waiting on me!
                  'If it wasn't for caffeine, I wouldn't have any personality at all!"

http://mikepounders.weebly.com/
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-...61450667252958
                  http://centralarkansaswoodcarvers.blogspot.com/

Comment

Mike,
                    very very good carving..... their loss your gain.
                    Jim Q

Comment

Beautiful work Mike! But what can you expect from an industry that cast Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher! Sorry! Just venting!

Comment

Nice job on that mike. Their loss, for sure.

Comment

Yes Mike, You did a beautiful job on your carving. Do we dare ask what movie or actor it was? Definetly their loss!

Dorothy & Art

Comment

Working...
                          X