Attention Those Who Knew Pete Engler Personally

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Those Who Knew Pete Engler Personally

I need help guys ... I don't usually buy carvings .. but I recently purchased a 8 inch carving of a hillbilly for $10.00 (great buy as far as I was concerned) ..But in receiving it ..I sudden noticed the signature on it as a R.Engler ... It was carved in 1971 ..so were looking at 42 years ago .. Iam not sure how related this Engler is to Pete Engler if any ..I do know he had a son named Richard Engler ..and possibily he had carved a few figures .. but I wasn't sure .. If any carver out there knows of a R. Engler that carved like this .. I wanted to find out some info on him .. Since it was 42 years ago .. I know it would have to be a question for your old carvers .. but let me know ..Iam posting pics below of the carving and the signature ..
    Gene

Re: Attention Those Who Knew Pete Engler Personally

Gene,
    You might contact John Engler, he is Peter's nephew.
    John Engler Woodcarving - Home medium relief woodcarving

Randy

Comment

GENE! You BOUGHT a carving!

STOP THE PRESS!

Looks like a cool little carving

Comment

Gene,
        Peter's daughter, Sara, posts here on the board under SMEngler. I know as she answered a post I did about a carving I bought.

Can't get any closer to him than that!

Comment

Thanks guys .. I will contact his daughter
          Gene

Comment

Gene,
            Just stumbled onto this site. Hats off to the guys that make a site like this work! (I've had a lot of difficulty getting registered - but looks like I'm squared away.)
            Regarding your question . . . Sarah can confirm, but you have one of Richard's early carvings. Dated '71? He was about 17 when that was carved. I worked for Peter several years, starting about '73.
            Richard is an excellent carver now and a good friend. Happy you got one of his pieces.
            On a side note. I also recently discovered your YouTube instructional videos. Bless your heart! What a great resource and to make it so readily available. Thanks so much for all your hard work and contributions to woodcarving.
            Mike

Comment

Need help with this "Engler" carving as well - here is link -
              http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.co...04/#post604191

Comment

i appologize ahead of time but i dont know much about r engler. i have looked at some of his wrks only due to being given a carving of what appears to be sn older bearded man in a piece of old drift wood. wasnt sure if this was of thr same r engler yall were speaking of and ...i dunno any insite about it would be wonderful. thank you

Comment

Working...
                X