Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Carving magazine old back issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Carving magazine old back issues?

I am looking for copies of the British Wood Carving magazine put out by GMC Publications prior to prior to their May/June 2007, No.96.

Anyone have extras that they would part with for a reasonable fee plus shipping...or even on a loan basis?

I have been in touch with the publisher and they are not able to provide any.

Thank you in advance,
    Russ Lavigne

Re: British Carving magazine old back issues?

Hi Russ, I will check with one of my club members who gets it. I am not sure when he started though, maybe after #96, but you never know. He also is a retired co-worker.
    Stay where it is warm and the tools are sharp eh.
    Carve On,
    Kadiddle

Comment

Hey Clyde!

Thank you, very much.
      I officially retired back in June after nearly 30 years, and two and half years after the company was sold to a multi-national. You might not believe the number of carvings I have got going as a result of the increase in my free time! :-)...and yet I look for more!

Thanks again. Keep in touch.
      All the best,
      Russ L.

Comment

I have issues #75 & 76 from 2004 which could use a good home. Let's talk

Comment

Hey flyfisher,

I am interested in the two issues your wrote about.
          You can Private Message me about them, or, if you are like me and seldom look to see about your Private Messages, you can simply reply here on the Message Board.
          I check the board every few days.

Perhaps we can work out a deal with fly tying materials as a swap. For nearly thirty years I fly fished and tied flies for everything from Tarpon to Atlantic salmon, from Shad to Brook trout and Northern pike.

Several years ago I mostly stopped fishing and totally stopped fly tying...though I have a great amount of tying materials still in my possession.

From finished flies to specific materials I might have something you would like to trade for the magazines.

Just tell me if there is something you would like and I will see if I have it.

Thank you in advance,

Russ Lavigne

Comment

Originally posted by RUssL. View Post
            I am looking for copies of the British Wood Carving magazine put out by GMC Publications prior to prior to their May/June 2007, No.96.

Anyone have extras that they would part with for a reasonable fee plus shipping...or even on a loan basis?

I have been in touch with the publisher and they are not able to provide any.

Thank you in advance,
            Russ Lavigne

I've got that one. I'd prefer to retain ownership, but am happy to loan it out...

PM me.

S~
            Carvito ergo sum.

Comment

dear sir i do have that issue if you still need it hollor steve

Comment

Dear Friends and respondents,

Thank everyone who has responded and offered a magazine or two.

Just to be clear, I am not looking for a specific issue, but rather any and/or all issues "prior to their May/June 2007, No.96.".

I have now received copies of issues No. 76 & 77, which I was able to swap for some of trout & bass fishing flies that I tied my earlier years.
                So, my request is now for any issues prior to No. 96 except issues 76 & 77. :-)

Yes, I am interested in even borrowing copies and returning them once reviewed.

Once again, thank you all who have made offers and or already provided issues of the magazine.

All the best,
                R.Lavigne
                53 Fox Haven Lane
                Saint Albans, VT 05478

Comment

what is the name of this british woodcarving magazine? never heard of it.

Comment

Flyfisher,

I truly appreciate the two issues you were able send me. I always seem to find something both challenging and inspiring in that publication.

Thank you also for the thoughtful follow-up note via snail-mail.
                    I think we were all a "bit at sea" there without the WCI Forum to communicate with each other on.

This Forum is, in and of itself, probably the biggest reason why I just renewed my subscription, to support the printed magazine.
                    Gotta see to it that the Bob and the crew that keeps this thing going have a steady job in the real world!

Also I was glad to hear that you will put the flies I sent to use soon! I tied flies for nearly a quarter century, in all styles and for nearly every type of game fish. Great memories and wonderful people.

Thanks to all,
                    Russ Lavigne

Comment

Russ
                      Have finally figured this forum out--I think. Being a Luddite in this electronic age is challenging--have moved beyond candles, but not far.

Comment

Working...
                      X