A question for the married folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A question for the married folks

Steev yes the site has carpet except kitchen and baths. I carve on a bench with a desk mat under it and not to much migrates out of that room. Besides my great wife knows we have a vacuum cleaner but does not know where I keep it. Shop vac takes care of the little stuff on a daily basis.
    Carve On,
    Kadiddle

Comment

My Sweetheart of 55 years of marriage, wants me to carve in the tv room where she\'s at. We have carpet and picking up chips is easy with the new Shark sweeper. I just sweep up at the end of my carving session and feel especially thankful for having such an understanding wife.

Comment

Ray, I do the same as you using my carving apron with the pocket. As long as I clean up the stray chips the wife doesn\'t mind.
        Keep On Carvin'
        Bob K.

My Etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/rwkwoodcarving

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

I\'m like Merle, even before I retired ten years ago, I have always
          managed to build my wood working sheds (my very own Castles),
          as far as my living room goes it\'s for relaxing, reading and watching
          TV and the gathering of family and friends and of course dozing off.
          I helped my wife (of so many years I lost count) remodel a spare
          bedroom into her very own sewing room.
          Oscar

Comment

This is exactly why I posed the question. So many great ideas and good feedback. It sounds like most of the spouses are great and go along with the carving program. My wonderful wife told me, after I told her about my question here, that she would rather have me for company than for me to go to another spot in or out of the house. She knows I will honor her wishes and clean up after myself. I don\'t do power carving though. That might be a deal breaker. I\'m a fairly \"temperate\" guy. I have a very short range of comfort zone. So, if it\'s too hot or too chilly I can\'t enjoy being out in the shop. No heat or a/c. So, for me to be able to sit in the comfort of my recliner by the tv, I feel blessed to have the partner that I have. Going on 47 years now. No turning back.

Comment

I have carved in the house for years. I put down a old sheet I have long apron I clip on a tv table making a pocket with tools in front of me on the table. And I have to clean up any mess before I can go to bed. :-) And no Sanding.

Comment

I am married to a great woman that is still working,( works from home)three years ago she bought me a 10 x 16 for my 70 th birthday, I had to insulated and wire it and then finish the inside with spruce g&t. I have electric heat ( radiant cove heater)it is my castle that I use almost every day, I even have a stereo systems comfortable bed for my watch dog, It is great ,don\'t have to clean up before I want to do some else.Attached is a pic of my watch dog Breagha on the verand
                BruceDSCF8563.jpg

Comment

Not married but I always carve in the house in front of the TV. I\'m not usually tuned into the TV, its just background noise. I use a plastic tote lid as a tray to catch some of the shavings but they wind up all over. I clean it up when I\'m done and repeat it again the next day.

Comment

Joe, my killer dog companion is Koshare, named after the sacred clowns of the Hopi, and is a Coton de Tulear. They are called the Little Clowns as they will do anything for attention. This rare breed is also known as the non-allergenic dog. They originated in Madagascar and survived, as a breed, because pirates realized their value as ratters.

I kept Rottweilers for years. Diana became allergic to dogs and with the death of my last Rottie, I decided no more dogs. Her allergy combined with the Rottweilers short life span was too much. Diana did not give up so easily. One day she said I have found a non-allergenic dog. I thought sure, and I am going to be 100% satisfied with this carving.

But, research revealed that this was a true fact. I still was skeptical of having another dog. It is a rare breed and difficult to find read the literature. My out! What are the chances of finding one near the Ozarks?

Then she announced I found one!
                    I announced I aint travelling half way cross country on the chance of a non-allergenic dog!
                    She announced The breeder is in Nixa, up in Missouri.

Uh Oh! Seventy miles and where we go for medical services. I was not ready to throw in the towel. Ok! But, you will have to spend a couple of hours with them and not have a reaction!

She spent the whole afternoon with 4 of them crawling all over her. A week later, no reaction and we ended up with Koshare. Who decided that I belonged to him! He is my shadow.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I do sweep the smooth concrete floor in my shop, several times, every day so my chair keeps rolling. When the chip pile in the corner is knee deep, I shovel it up.
                      I have two flights of carpeted stairs up to my kitchen. That keeps most of the chips from getting tracked around upstairs.
                      The ShopVac is fairly good for cleaning that stuff.
                      Brian T

Comment

I guess not enough sweeping. Got trapped up against the bench, couldn\'t roll the chair back! Three cheers for swivel or I\'d still be down there!
                        Brian T

Comment

Brian, man what are you carving that you build up the much chips?

Paul I have included some pictures of our ratter​, bet you can not guess what my wife,s football team is . . .JoeB
                          Attached Files
                          . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Paul
                            You have a beautiful do there, looks like he is the General Manager already, Schnauzer are good ratter, good watch dog and best part non sheding
                            Bruce

Comment

Paul, I have an old friend who used to live in Nixa, Where do you live now?

Joe Paul, \"GO BRONCOS!\"

Comment

I live in Arkansas south of Nixa near Green Forest. Our medical services are in Springfield, so we are in the Nixa area at least monthly. There is no longer an obvious separation between these two cities.

Comment

Working...
                                X