Frosty from New WCI Mag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frosty from New WCI Mag.

1/2"x3 1/4" x 5 1/2" , Man made wood, Acrylic Paint PolyU, and Feed-n- Wax. My Neighbor Lady gets up early and brings my Empty Garbage Can back. She has been doing this for about 16 years. It started when I got hers back then and that's when it all started, Can't get her to stop, so I give her a Carving Every Year about this time. This is her Carving for the Year. Merle 1-PICT0001.JPG

You did a great job on him Merle, you don't waste any time after getting the magazine..........Tom
    If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Hi merle
      very nice carving, I am sure neighbor will love it
      Tell me more about the man made wood?
      Bruce

Comment

Nicely done Merle! That's a cute smile on Mr. Frosty. Your neighbor lady will be tickled!
        Terry

Comment

Hi Tom, The Wife told me to get busy if I was going to give her a Carving because I wasn't going to give the Neighbor one of hers , like I did the last few years. Gave it to her this morning and she liked it. Thanks for commenting Tom. Happy Thanksgiving. Merle

Comment

Hi Bruce, I don't know where I got the piece of material I used. It was the only 1/2 " material I had. i didn't know how it would carve but gave it a try and Carved good . The Grain looked like it was Painted on.to look like Wood. Before I painted it I put on a coat of PolyU , didn't know if the Paint would react to it . It wasn't like Particle Board. Thank you for commenting. Merle

Comment

Hi Terry, she liked it but I don't think Tickled. Ha,Ha. Thanks Terry. Merle

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                Hi Tom, The Wife told me to get busy if I was going to give her a Carving because I wasn't going to give the Neighbor one of hers , . Merle
                LOL! Yep! That will do it.
                You did pull this off rather quickly Merle.
                Great story to go with the great carving.
                Real sweet gesture also. I wish I had more ornaments to give away. It's so heart warming.

Comment

Nice one Merle. That will make a nice gift. Now if only I had a neighbor that would take care of my garbage can.
                  Joe

Comment

Great job on Frosty, Merle! Your neighbor will surely treasure it forever!
                    Keep On Carvin'
                    Bob K.

My Woodcarving blog: https://www.woodchipchatter.com

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

Hi Nikki, I gave it to her yesterday and she liked it. I asked her how many did I give her and she didn't know , Ithought about 6 or 7 but she said more than that. I got to thinking and I think it's about 15, one a year for 15 yrs. That surprised me. Your right about giving your Carvings away, It's a Good Feeling. Happy Thanksgiving. Merle

Comment

Hi JoeV, I offered to change the Routine , I'll bring the Garbage Can Back if she would take it out, that suggestion didn't Fly. Ha,Ha. I think it's a Habit now. She just had her 2nd Knee replacement 3 months ago, Tough Woman. Happy Thanksgiving Joe. Merle

Comment

Hi BobK, Yes she does, they come out about this time every year and fills up her End Table in the Living Room. Happy Thanksgiving Merle

Comment

Pretty spiffy looking Frosty there Merle. Nice work, great gesture.

Tinwood

Comment

excellent work

Comment

Working...
                              X