1st. Santa and probably Only one for 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st. Santa and probably Only one for 2016

3"x 6" x1.50 " , Basswood, and Acrylic Paint. Antiqued with Watco Dark Wax , then Feed-n-Wax. \I'm starting to think that it is better to just about Scrapping a piece to have a Successful Carving. This Guy was as close as you could get without being thrown out . He was way out of Proportion on everything. Mt Wife said he looked like Monkey, so I started to cut deeper and then this Santa Turned out. I guess by Messing up and keep going you don't worry about Junking a Piece because you've been their and done that , Then you realize it is only a piece of Wood.. The Carving on Back is Millards Wife Idea ( Cottonwood ). Normally wasted space. Merle
    Attached Files

Been there done that, I like your santa he looks great and cute idea for the back,

Comment

I like your Santa too. You've got a jolly ol' elf in spite of yourself! Ha!

Comment

Good job Merle;.......Santa was in there all along , you just didn't cut deep enough to set him free at first.
        Wayne
        If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Hey Merle
          He sure as hell looks like Santa from where I sit,nicely painted and carved
          Bruce

Comment

Hi Kathy, Thank you for your Comments, always Appreciate them. Yes I like that Idea also
            , I put something on the Back when it's an Ornament, just seems to finish the Piece. Merle

Comment

Yep!! Sappy, You never know what you can do till you give it a try. I always say (if I ever find out what I'm doing I'de be Dangerous ) Ha,Ha. Thanks for Commenting. Merle

Comment

Hi Soggy, how true that is , if it doesn't look good , " go deeper " he is in their somewhere, Ha,Ha. It's only a Piece pf Wood. Thanks Soggy for commenting. Merle

Comment

Hi Bruce, I guess that's good because it was supposed to look like a Monkey. Ha, Ha. Thanks Bruce Merry Christmas. Merle

Comment

Wonderful Santa . The candy cane is a great addition.
                    We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
                    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Hi Randy, Thank you for taking time to Comment. Merle

Comment

Don't see a resemblance of a money, just a fine carving with nice detail. I also like the way sign the back.
                        . . .JoeB

Comment

Monkey? What monkey? Great job Merle!
                          Steve Reed - Carvin' in the flatlands!

Comment

Merle, You know better than to monkey around with Santa . He came out great, Tarzan would love him.
                            If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

He's a dandy Merle. I really like the way you did the beard. Very nice. The candy cane is icing on the cake, as they say.
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X