Ornament Exchange 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deancarlsen View Post
    Do the ornaments have to be carved? Can they be wood burned?
    IDK, but I'd like one

Comment

Can I just do 1?

Comment

This will be my third exchange, and I'll tell you what- they're a blast. I am so looking forward to it. I sawed out all the blanks at once, but when I finished each one I put it away and didn't look at it again. At the end, it was fun to see the differences in all the ornies, even though they all started out as the same roughout.
        Buffalo Bif
        bflobif.com

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac10991 View Post
          Can I just do 1?
          No. No I Can't

Comment

Another shameless plug for the Ornie Exchange! We Have about a dozen so far, and we usually send one to Bob at WCI as well, for their tree. I'll be shutting down the sign-up list the 1st of October. This will give everyone 2 months to get their ornis done. Let's plan on getting them in the mail around the 1st or 2nd week of Dec. Jump on the band wagon and have some fun, and collect some unique ornaments!
            Happy Carving
            Steve
            Last edited by Steve Reed; 09-18-2018, 11:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
            Steve Reed - Carvin' in the flatlands!
            My FB page:https://www.facebook.com/stephen.ree...7196480&type=3

Comment

Last call for the great 2018 Ornament Exchange! I'll be closing out the sign-up list tomorrow night at midnight. If you're on the fence, give it a try, you won't be sorry! It really is a treat to see what shows up in the mailbox. We have one big family tree and three smaller trees just for the carved ornaments that we've received over the years form our carving friends. If you want to be included, let me know by midnight tomorrow night (1 Oct). We will plan on getting them in the mail about 1 December, so everyone should have plenty of time. Have fun, and get to carving!
              Steve

Comment

Ok folks, the list is officially closed. Lists have been sent out. If you didn't receive your list, let me know. Remember lets plan on having them in the mail around the first of Dec. Please, don't post pictures of what you're sending, or what you received until Christmas Day. Don't want to spoil the surprise!
                Thanks to those who signed up, and let's get carving!! I think Joepaul is in the lead with about 14, vs my 2 1/2...….
                Have fun!!

Comment

Thanks Steve,
                  I’m really looking forward to carving these Christmas ornaments and couldn’t be happier with my ‘giftee’s
                  Sqeal! Lol

Comment

OK, I know it's closed for this year, but how many ornaments is a participant expected to send in? I like the idea, but I bet I only carve a dozen things a year, and Momma keeps 'em all!

Comment

My name is on the list twice. I'd love to have two from all of you, but that seems a little greedy.....

Second entry my zip-plus-4 shows up as zip-plus-5. 14226 will do.
                      Last edited by Buffalo Bif; 10-03-2018, 03:22 PM.
                      Buffalo Bif
                      bflobif.com

Comment

MrMcpenney, it varies by year, this year we have a total of 11 participants. I send out the list to everyone, plus 1 to WCI for their company tree. In return for the ones your carve and send, you will get an equal number back. We get some really interesting ornaments!
                        Bif, I saw that you were on twice, my mistake (tired). Hopefully everyone will notice as well. I also screwed up a zip code, but think I contacted everyone (sorry Isaac).

Comment

Steve, I was not being critical by any means. I for one, and likely everyone else participating, appreciate you running this exchange. Thanks.
                          Buffalo Bif
                          bflobif.com

Comment

So far, I've done a 'proof of concept' carving in a wood I decided I don't like, with a knife that should have been sharper. That's progress!

Now where did I put that clotting factor....
                            Buffalo Bif
                            bflobif.com

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bif View Post
                              So far, I've done a 'proof of concept' carving in a wood I decided I don't like, with a knife that should have been sharper. That's progress!

Now where did I put that clotting factor....
                              Use kitchen Alum to stop blood flow

Comment

Bif, I didn't take it as being critical. I realized it after they were sent. It had been a long week...…
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X