X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Soggy View Post

Last year I mailed a couple of my santa ornaments to friends and relatives here in Canada. I carve my ornaments on the corner and put them in bubble pack envelopes. When I mailed them the lady at the post office measured them by trying to pass them through a pre measured slot in a piece of plexi glass. If they didn't pass through, then they had to go by the small parcel rate........ $ 10.00 plus...... I suppose I could of designed a different ornament ( something 3/8" thick and carved it in relief) and that would probably pass for the lower rate,....... but I like to carve what I like to carve....
    on the evening news just the other night they said first class postage ( ie regular letter or card size) will be going up to $ 1.05 in the new year...... guess this old fart will have to start sending more emails and less regular mails.....lol
    BAH HUMBUG!!!
    Wayne
    That’s exactly right. I think it’s 3 cm thick and most of the ornaments I carve are that thickness. The only one that wasn’t was a rocking dog. One person sent me an ornament and it cost them $28 US which is about $40 US. That’s a lot of money.

Anyway here are the two ornaments I received which I really like.

Leave a comment:

• lionslair
    replied
    Another thing, ship in a small padded. If you chose a 8x10 or larger - pay more due to size. I had one I just paid up on since it came back to me with a wrong address - my bad. Sometimes the pain is justified. office is changing rates and the government is changing international standards. Going to take some time to shake it all out. Such is life.

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiritwolfe View Post

Not necessarily. Both of mine cost less than $5. That’s less than $2.50 a package which isn’t too bad.
    It depends how you package and ship them.
    I always pack small and ship via envelope shipping.
    I couldn’t believe some members paid about $40 Canadian to ship out an ornie. If it cost that much I wouldn’t be able to participate.
    Last year I mailed a couple of my santa ornaments to friends and relatives here in Canada. I carve my ornaments on the corner and put them in bubble pack envelopes. When I mailed them the lady at the post office measured them by trying to pass them through a pre measured slot in a piece of plexi glass. If they didn't pass through, then they had to go by the small parcel rate........ $ 10.00 plus...... I suppose I could of designed a different ornament ( something 3/8" thick and carved it in relief) and that would probably pass for the lower rate,....... but I like to carve what I like to carve....
    on the evening news just the other night they said first class postage ( ie regular letter or card size) will be going up to $ 1.05 in the new year...... guess this old fart will have to start sending more emails and less regular mails.....lol
    BAH HUMBUG!!!
    Wayne
    Last edited by Soggy; 12-27-2018, 07:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    My wife came home & said you know how much it cost to ship to CA, I said no, I know now Whew, wonder what is going on?

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Soggy View Post
    Nice looking tree, ornaments, and couple. I would have loved to participated in the exchange this year, but the cost of shipping ornaments from Canada is prohibitive ( in excess of $ 10.00 per ornament), so I'll just have to enjoy everyone else's ornaments.
    Wayne

Not necessarily. Both of mine cost less than $5. That’s less than $2.50 a package which isn’t too bad.
    It depends how you package and ship them.
    I always pack small and ship via envelope shipping.
    I couldn’t believe some members paid about $40 Canadian to ship out an ornie. If it cost that much I wouldn’t be able to participate.

Leave a comment:

• lionslair
    replied
    Here are some on my tree in the library. The tree was populated with a great many and then this years added front and top center. I provided a full frontal so some of yours are here and there. I can't believe how many I did last year! Look at the deer on the table top - yea deer to match the sleigh I made in the err.... '70's. I put 'snow' pads under their feet to make them stable. The two tall cases behind are Sea Shells from 2500 NMi South West of Hawaii. Just a tip of an iceberg. I depopulated a dozen this year to the house - now I'll have to do more. Tree looks nice - thanks! I forgot to take a picture of mine before I sent them. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Thanks for the post and the great job this year. I was unable to isolate this year's because before I knew it Pam was adding to the Ornioe tree with all the past Ornies, going to have to get a bigger tree for next year. Man, I didn't know Santa Clause had such a good looking gal.

Leave a comment:

• MNice99
    replied
    Great Pictures Steve, it was a fun exchange!

Here’s mine. Merry Chrismas everyone. And thanks everyone for the great ornaments.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    Nice display there, Steve, and lots of fine talent.

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    Nice looking tree, ornaments, and couple. I would have loved to participated in the exchange this year, but the cost of shipping ornaments from Canada is prohibitive ( in excess of $ 10.00 per ornament), so I'll just have to enjoy everyone else's ornaments.
    Wayne

Leave a comment:

• Steve Reed
    replied
    Ok Folks here we go! The first pic is our 2018 Ornament Tree, 2nd is the ones I sent out, and 3rd, the culprits! Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for a wonderful exchange this year!
    Steve and Mrs Claus!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Reed
    replied
    Correct, you are Nikki!

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    replied

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
    Sorry to be so late in replying, had to go get those pesky eyes shots for AMD yesterday & I'm pretty much limited to listen to TV
    It arrived yesterday, & I agree, a beautiful piece of wood. Nowhere do I remember Steve saying it had to be a carved Ornie. It was immediately put on the Ornie tree. Thanks for the exchange. I wonder why there is such a difference in the mail rate between the US & CA ??????????
    I take it this is for me and you got your ornament.
    You are welcome but I don’t think we are supposed to show them until after Christmas. That’s what Steve said.
    I didn’t have my carving tools . Just found them last week so now I can carve again. Yayyy.

Leave a comment:

• Just Carving
    replied
    Martin received your ornament. Thank you!

Bob L

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    This is a picture of our Ornie Tree. A little hard to make out I know, but there is 35 ornies on it, think were going to have to get a larger three for next year.
    Thanks to all who participated this year and Steve for being Boss

Leave a comment:

Working...
X