Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lionslair
    replied
    Remember Kitbashing - make something a bit different that the kit starts with. You started with a chunk of wood and took a different path to completion. Sometimes it is the hands, mind, or just the facts Mam. (as Joe Friday says).

Leave a comment:

• Steve Reed
    replied
    Good eye Joe! People ask how long does it take you to cave that. My response, depends on what's on TV! LOL
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    Good one, Steve!

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Is that a TV tuner I see in the background I have concentrate will I'm caving. Your adaptation really turned out good

Leave a comment:

• Steve Reed
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the comments! Rodster, yes it was carved from a triangular piece. Bob K use a square block I believe, but I had a triangle scrap on the bench, so that's what I used. didn't measure him but I think he's about 4 1/2 to 5" tall. Thanks to Bob K!
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Looks great, Steve

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Rodster
    replied
    Lovely little Santa. Is he carved from a block or a triangle of wood? How tall is he? Nice paint job!
    Last edited by Rodster; 11-08-2018, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied
    Bob's article can be adapted a hundred different ways. Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• Tinwood
    replied
    I like that, nice work.

Tinwood

Leave a comment:

• drhandrich
    replied
    good thinkin' looks perfect

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    replied
    Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Steve, Get prepared to do more of them . Good job. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Bob K.
    replied
    I really like the new look, Steve! I'm going to have to take a crack at that one!

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    Great adaptation! ... just goes to show, you never know who is lurking in that piece of wood until you put your knife to it....
    Wayne

Leave a comment:

• Steve Reed
    started a topic Tried something different.....

Tried something different.....

Got the inspiration for this little guy from Bob Kozakiewicz' article in the current WCI issue. Took his fisherman guy and made him into a primitive Santa. Not really my usual style, but thought it looked interesting. As always, comments are welcome. Pardon the messy bench...,.
    Steve
Working...
X