2019 Ornament Swap * official thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Ornament Swap * official thread

Hey hey and Ho Ho WCI friends! I am excitedly taking over the Annual WCI Ornie Swap this year and did I mention I was excited?! I have loved and participated of and on since my twenty somethings were babies- I can still see them as they watched the window for the mail man and how they would jump up and down every time an ornament arrived. Even now- when I get out the big box full of brilliant and beautiful Ornaments they say “Oh-there’s mine… “ I cherish them all – especially the ones from friends who have gone. They hang at the top of our tree.
    Im going to start the sign ups for this years swaps right now and end them November 1st with the actual ornaments being sent out the first week of December- that gives us a full month of carving.
    If you are interested- please send me your name (screen name and real name) along with your address. It will cut down on confusion if we keep it to one forum so please do not pm me on face book. It will make it a lot easier if the names and addresses are in one spot on this forum as well- please send them to my inbox rather than posting them in the comments.
    On November 1st I will send a list of names – if we end up with quite a few ( as so happened last year) I will split the list into two, you can participate in either one or both.
    So!
    Important dates
    Ornaments out December 1st
    If ( and hopefully) we have Canadian friends swapping this year, I have found its not really too much trouble to finish and send theirs a wee bit earlier to make sure they arrive on time.
    In the years past , participants in the ornie swap have also sent ornaments to the folks at WCI – I hope we can find the time to keep that tradition alive as well
    Lastly ( for now) and super important! No sharing until December 25th! No sharing what you are working on and no sharing what is sent to you- the big reveal is so fun!
    Ok- so I’m off and I hope this finds you all well and raring to carve!
    Keoma
    Tree Hugging Moderator
    Last edited by Keoma; 09-10-2019, 03:11 AM.

Good morning yall! so far 3 people in the swap! I received the messages in my inbox and I think I replied- but i was doing it on my phone so im not sure if you got my response- but I did get your messages and have your address written down <3 cant wait to see what yall create!

Comment

hey friends! whos carving already?! 5 people in the swap so far- still time to sign up but ye better get to gettin carving! <3

Comment

Hi friends! I am Away from the computer for a couple weeks so if you do not hear from me don't fret! Ill be logged back on around October 16th or somewhere thereabouts! I have 6 ornaments done so far - thats 5 for carvers and one for the WCI tree! Happy Carving!

Comment

I am back from abroad and jumping directly into carving mode! Still a couple more weeks to sign up before the November 1st deadline. Enjoy the season friends!

Comment

I'm back to carving as well Keoma, love this time of year and making the chips fly!!
            Steve
            Steve Reed - Carvin' in the flatlands!

Comment

Hey folks, if you've never done the ornament exchange, jump on in, the water's fine! It's a lot of fun to see what other folks are doing for Christmas/Hanukah/Kwanza etc. I've been part of the exchange for more than 10 years, and it is such a thrill to go to the mailbox to find a box from a carving friend. Last year we had around 25 participate in 2 exchanges. Keoma is doing a bang-up job as honcho this year. Let's all support her and the ornie exchange! I'm in, how about You?
              Steve

Comment

I forgot to include something in my last post...a picture! This is one of our "carving trees". All ornaments were received as part of the ornament exchange!
                Steve
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Great idea Steve! Here is a couple pics of my ornies that i received in the swap and a couple I sent out - years ago! <3
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Reed View Post
                    I forgot to include something in my last post...a picture! This is one of our "carving trees". All ornaments were received as part of the ornament exchange!
                    Steve
                    I have a 'carving' tree in my office. The family tree in the house gets the 100 year and 50 year up to this year priceless ones and a few I did through the years (turning and carving).

The tree out here is getting stuffed. And I love it. Some of the older ornaments are from a 20' tree we had in our living room when I was 3. I could walk under it before the presents and pour in the sugar water for mom. Those were the days to remember!

Comment

Hello friends! I had a last minute pm from a carver who wants to join the swap sovthatbputs is at 6 and if you want to send one to the office @WCI then it’s 7 ❤️ Addresses will be sent out probably tomorrow night. I’m finishing a chainsaw lighthouse for my sweeties birthday tomorrow or I’d send them right now! Have a good eat day y'all!

Comment

One thing to consider is to have two lists. Draw names.... Then each has 3/4 to make 3 to each other and the 4th to WCI. That allows us to carve more for ourselves and others. It might be better for each as there is more time. Just a thought.

Comment

Now ,, I am cornfuzed..lionslair. I was going to send all mine to the Grandkids.. ..Ok November 1st is gone and ?? Keoma
                          Chuck
                          Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Hey yall- the list is 6 carvers . I am sending address' right now. My mom in law showed up so the last few days were quite a blur for me but its ornie central today and im getting you all the info you need. Happy carving yall!

Comment

just waiting on one address and don't forget to take your name off the list :>

Comment

Working...
                              X