Progress...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress...

Anyone else kept a sample of their journey in this hobby? It was in 2008 that I picked up my first copy of WCI ( # 43) and stumbled on an article by Tom Hindes, called 5-minute wizard . It was a great article, but let me assure you Tom was way off when it came to carving that first wizard...... took me a lot longer than 5 minutes . Within a short time the wizards "evolved" into Santas, and I haven't looked back. Since then I have kept at least one ornament each year to record my progress.
    Starting on the top row, L to R 2008 - 2019...
    Wayne
    Attached Files
    If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Yup you've definitely made progress and the Santas all look great Soggy!

Bob L

Comment

I’ve kept an occasional piece but just the ones I really like. I do have photos of my carvings sorted by date.

Ed
      Living in a pile of chips.
      https://m.facebook.com/pg/CentralNeb...ernal&mt_nav=0

Comment

About the only "record" I have is from photos I take of most of them. Lots of them, Wayne. Nice that others can be more organized...
        Bill
        Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

I'm sure I could scrounge up some photos around here someplace but I'd be too embarrassed. Definitely hats off to Tom. That article got me into caricature carving. Soggy, it looks to me like you started off really well though I can see the improvement. Some very talented carving over the years.
          Terry

Comment

Super, Wayne!
            Herb

Comment

Hi Wayne
              I got hooked in 2005, keep changing my style or whatever one calls it, still think yours are ranked 90 % better then mine, keep them coming
              Bruce

Comment

I see Soggy, that it took you five years to find your eyes. Then it was history. Love em all.
                If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Great looking Santa's, Wayne. And I appreciate the nice words too. I wish I could still Paint. A combination of eyes and the shakes make me a dipper now. Your finish makes the pieces perfect.
                  Tom H

Comment

Hi Wayne , You sure have a Great Collection of your work . They are all Great and make you Smile . Merle

Comment

Quite the collection and a wonderful way of showing progress. They are really neat, showy and collectible. You've come a long ways in improvement, I am impressed with your works

Comment

This is just a superset of carvings. What a story board
                        . . .JoeB

Comment

4 or 5 years into it and you were off and running! That is a cool progress board.

Comment

Hi Wayne , you made me think and thought I would the ones the Wife put up this year . Don't know if I made any Progress but here is mine . Merle

Comment

Working...
                            X