X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHolder
    replied
    Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
    You are now Hooked on Carving , not a Bad Thing . You will now look for something that you could and want to Carve . What a Fun Trip you about to start . Looking for your next Project . Merle
    Thank you. I want to star practicing the 5 minute wizard to work into faces.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    You are now Hooked on Carving , not a Bad Thing . You will now look for something that you could and want to Carve . What a Fun Trip you about to start . Looking for your next Project . Merle

Leave a comment:

• PHolder
    replied
    Well I finally got these painted today along with a couple of Bob K.'s Simple Santa's.
    Dipped them in BLO and allowed to dry for about 30 minutes. Followed by diluted acrylics and a dry brush. A lacquer seal coat is going on tomorrow.

This is my first holiday season as a carver, well a beginner carver, and I am enjoying it.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Jennings
    replied
    Nice touch I like it.

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Nice work on the ornaments!

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Mark N. Akers
    replied
    Oh yes know Tim well,been many years since I've seen him though,a very good Carver and Instructor,hope your enjoying it.

Leave a comment:

• PHolder
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark N. Akers View Post
    Who is teaching the class? the Stocking ornaments look great.
    Thank you.
    The class I took was with a local carver Tim Trudgeon. A superb carver and human being. He lives to pass on carving to others and freely shares his talent. The class was cut short due to COVID.
    I started to carve these at club meetings this fall under the guidance and encouragement of Tim and others. He gave me the tip to use a gouge for the texture around the top.

Leave a comment:

• Mark N. Akers
    replied
    Who is teaching the class? the Stocking ornaments look great.

Leave a comment:

• uvawyo
    replied
    Good idea, good carvings, an original and appropriate thank you gift

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    Thoughtful and appropriate "Thank you" gifts!

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    Nice idea and gesture...

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    Nice!..... they will be cherished for years
    Wayne

Leave a comment:

• PHolder
    started a topic Stocking Ornaments

Stocking Ornaments

My family bought me a carving class with the local arts center. https://www.sawtooth.org/. As a gesture of appreciation I am carving ornaments. I burned their names, and mine, and have added BLO as a sealer. Next week I will paint with an acrylic wash.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
Working...
X